Intermittent Playback Stops in Roon Music Player (ref#SQ1A3K)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble playing music

What best describes your playback issue?

· Music stops playing mid-track

Describe the issue

When I start playing tunes, Roon sometimes stops mid track. Often it does not restart unless I go to the next track. This does not always work. I end up rebooting my server and that occasionally does the trick. It will then continue playing. I then pause for a few hours and it will not start again.

1 Like

John,

It’d be a help to know more about your setup, please: Roon versions, operating system, endpoints and network etc. Thanks!

Mark,

I have the latest Roon, version 2 build 1401 set up on my mac. My server is a sonic orbiter i9 using the latest Roon, wired to my router as is my mac. My end points are all Sonos using Airplay, eleven of them. I tried to use Sonos streaming but they would not all group together. All my music is on the i9, almost 470,000 tunes.

Thanks, John - I’m sure someone with some ideas will jump in now; you may also get a request from support to send them your logs.

The only thing I would ask is whether you’ve tried isolating one of your Sonos endpoints as a possible ‘culprit’ by disconnecting all but one to see whether re-introducing them one at a time can be associated with ‘provoking’ the phenomenon.

A post was split to a new topic: Intermittent Playback Stops - Roon on Mac

I did discover one of the Sonos units was not cooperating as it should. I disconnected that one and things are a lot better. Only one pause so far. I will play around with Roon later this week to make sure everything is as it should be.

1 Like

Hello @John_Suddons ,

Are you still having issues with your Sonos devices? Please note that there is an issue that we are looking into with Airplay playback , but do let us know if the issue is impacting a non-airplay zone for you and we can take a look. Thanks!

Mark mentioned earlier about disconnecting the Sonos. This I did and found that one was causing a problem. However, I have the same problem as other users whereby I have to advance forward then back to play tunes.

Hi @John_Suddons,

Thanks for the update. We have a fix that should be included in the next production update that I hope will help you.

This is also quite a large library, likely right on the edge of 16gb RAM for your Roon Server.