Intermittent Remote Issues Mac OS and Galaxy S6 [Solved - Sleep settings]

Hi @support

I hope you are able to assist with an issue that I have with Roon Remote running on my Android Galaxy S6 device.

My environment:

Core
Mac Mini running Sierra latest version, infinite DHCP address leased in router - address is 192.168.1.109, inbuilt MAC OS firewall disabled.

Remote
Android Galaxy S6, infinite DHCP address leased in router - address is 192.168.1.108

Router
Technicolor TG582n FTTC

The issue usually arises when looking to reconnect after a break in use. It is also intermittent and does not follow much of a pattern that I can tell. For example today I connected successful first thing at 7.33 am and all worked fine. Then after a break of a couple of hours attempting to reconnect I get the waiting screen and it does not connect. I then reset and say connect to different core and it then hangs on the initialising screen for ages. In total it took 20 minutes to reconnect. Once connected it does not drop the connection, it is always on reconnecting.

I can send the log file if that helps?

I hope you can help as I can’t really afford an iPad/Iphone currently! Which undoubtedly would work…

Hi @Jonathan_Dibble1 ----- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here. Before we gather logs from you, I’d like to understand a bit more about this problem you are experiencing. May I kindly ask you to verify the following information for me:

1. Has this always been an issue or was there a time where the Galaxy S6 had no issues staying connected to your core machine? If this is indeed a recent occurrence can think of any changes that have been made to your setup? OS updates? Firmware / driver updates on any of your devices?

2. Are you noticing this is issue with any other Roon remotes?

3. Is your core machine going to sleep at any point?

-Eric

Hi Eric

Thanks for getting back to me!

1. This has always been the case.

2. I only have one remote.

3. The MAC is set to not sleep.

Hi @Jonathan_Dibble1 ----- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to answer my questions. As mentioned in my earlier post I would like to gather some logs from you so our developers can have a closer look into what may be going on here. I will be contacting you via PM momentarily with instructions.

-Eric