Intermittently hearing static and dropouts when playing DSD with USB-DAC

I used Roon Server in linux
ROON SERVER: Version 2.0 (build 1133)
USB-DAC:REM ADI-2 DAC
Intermittently hearing static and dropouts when playing DSD128 or DSD256 with Dop

Any one can help me?
Thanks

Probably better as a Support topic? @support, please take a look.

What are your system specs? Hardware and software!

In the signal path what is the processing speed…anything less than 1.4 will be an issue most likely related to hardware capabilities. Try turning on parallelized sigma delta option if using dsp upsampling too.

Are you upsampling or using native dsd files?

I’ve moved this to the #support area

2 Likes

Thank You.

CUP: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU J3160 @ 1.60GHz
DDR:8G
Music Files: DSD128 or DSD256 files (Native DSD Files)

My USD-DAC not support Native dsd, Only Support Dop DSD, So I used [DSD over PCM v1.0 (DoP)] option.

Occasionally, a file appears once, sometimes not. Sometimes it appears every few minutes

This sounds like it might be happening when switching between formats/resolution, try changing the Resync Delay (In device settings), that might resolve the problem.

1 Like

Issue is right there I bet…no enough horsepower

what does the speed indicate…<1.4 and you will be in trouble.

you need these settings too if you are upsampling they might help

1 Like

Hi @sky_luo,

Thank you for posting about your issue. I recommend first providing the information @wizardofoz helpfully requested to rule out a processing limitation. The team will follow up shortly as soon as you’ve confirmed the processing speed.

In the meantime, please also provide a little more information about your setup:

1. Is this DAC attached to your Core, or a Remote?
  2. Have yo updated to the latest build? (Release notes here)
  3. Are you applying any DSP: EQ, etc.? You can share a screenshot of the DSP settings if so.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.