Internal Server Error when I try to connect to the Ropieee Pi

@Andy_Jones, you could format the SD card in a utility before flashing, and it might indicate any physical issues with the card. This is not a required step normally because the flashing process writes the entire file system, but it might provide some useful feedback in this instance?

Also, for your reference, on OS X, instructions on taking screenshots (Command-shift-4 is the one you want, and then marquee what you want in the screenshot).

Thank you for both of those instructions. I will try formatting asap.

Iā€™m only starting to get a grip on OSX keystrokes after 20 years! I will try to remember the combo.

Tried formatting the card and reattaching the screen. IP address changed and no open ports at all but similar symptoms otherwise.

Iā€™m going back to screenless for a while.

Some unsolicited buying adviseā€¦
If buying cards SanDisk is a reputable brand but there are knock-off / fakes. Go to Amazon or another reputable site and check prices. If you find a SanDisk card too cheap to be true its not a SanDisk card. There are plenty of other reputable and reliable names as well butā€¦ Stay away from Verbatim. I recently purchased a handful of Vertabim cards and my Mac hates them. I can use them in a PC but the Mac just throws read errors on trying to format / write images to them. Unhappy enough with Verbatimā€™s response when asking for help I feel compelled to write this message!

Also, you donā€™t need more than 16GB. Happy shopping.

I had just ordered some from Amazon before I saw your message! 2 x Transcend 8GB. I needed a 64gb for a security camera and went with SanDisk for that.

Over the years Iā€™ve found the small items like usb memory sticks, ssd drives even cables etc. are the worst waste of money in computing. So Iā€™m always trying to avoid them.

Iā€™m probably going to add another Pi to my setup in any case. Having the kind of support for the software thatā€™s been shown on this thread makes the difference.

New SD cards arrived. Successfully flashed and running now with the screen working. There was some kind of error still reported on init but the installation does appear to work. I will try a new init with a fresh pi to see whether there is some fault with the sd card reader or associated circuitry.

1 Like