Internet Radio FLAC Stations Swap Meet

A post was split to a new topic: Can a local server stream FLAC to Roon?

Andy

1st class post mate, so much appreciated :+1:

Only thing I would say is Roon haven’t fixed the images fitting into the Station Logo

5 Likes

I am loving JB-Radio 2. It sounds fantastic, and the mix of fairly deep album cuts from many different eras is my cup of tea.

Yesterday it was streaming in 16/96, then briefly stopped working, then came back as 16/192! My guess though is that the site owners are upsampling their content (from 16/44?) before sending it out. No way they have that deep of a library of true hi-res material.

I’m a fan.

3 Likes

The should have some hi-res contents to stream otherwise up-sampling is a wasteful to bandwidth.

There’s no info on the JB-Radio 2 website about their FLAC capability and they’re not just a FLAC station, so I suspect you are correct about the upsampling.

I think all of these stations will have seen a significant uptick in FLAC audience as a result of Roon 1.5. I’d suggest we let them know who we are. Send them an email saying what you like and what you don’t; some of these stations FLAC capabilities are “trial transmissions” so feedback could be quite helpful.

It’s been very interesting finding these and comparing them. Sector Radio feels like an oligarch’s son’s plaything. 440 Hz seems to be distributed from various German teenage bedrooms. The Cheese has an FM transmitter that covers the whole valley ! Each of them is ultimately someone’s passion, because there’s zero commercial basis for FLAC radio.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Adding images to Internet Radio Stations

Really enjoying JB2 - it doesn’t show any information on the current track. Is it just me?

No, it’s not just you. I too am really enjoying their programming, but I wish they’d show track information. As it is, when I hear something that I like, I have to rely on Shazam. Not ideal.

2 Likes

https://jbradio2.ca/playlist

Would love to see track info embedded in the stream, but when I have to know, I go here.

4 Likes

Thanks, Rusty. That’s very useful.

Excellent…
Thanks a lot for the list … sound quality is truly outstanding…
Cheers

Great stuff - thanks for adding this thread and links to the various Flac stations - even one “cheesy” one from New Zealand!! Have been waiting to add this functionality for FLAC stations. I do agree with you, in that, most of these stations the content is upsampled - nonetheless its great to have this optionality!

1 Like

They have also a app with the playlist.
Here is a nice picture for in the roon database.
jb%20radio%202

12 Likes

Roon database? How can I access that to add the pic?

Save the image to your computer. Right-click on the ‘station’, select Edit, the first option is to add an image.

thankyou all - got it working.

A google search for jazz Flac brought up an article from October of last year indicating that Europajazz would be broadcasting in Flac. I couldn’t find a Flac stream on their website.

Anyone using their stream in Flac?

That is the station I want so badly but I found one link that didn’t work. Please post if you find one

From here, I could get it to play on my iPad (though not Flac) but Roon wouldn’t accept the url to add as a radio station.

thesoundofjazz.net:8000/TheSoundOfJazzHD.m3u

Thanks - does anyone know if there are any BBC high res streams, I have been looking but not found yet. Thanks.