Internet radio station backup/restore failure; streaming url display?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacOS 10.14.5, Roon 1.6 build 416 64 bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

802.11ac Airport Extreme -> MacBook Pro 13" 2015

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Airport Express

Description Of Issue

(1) Re the Roon Backups service in the Settings section, the Restore service does restore the Library that was previously backed up but fails to restore Internet radio stations that were entered prior to the backup. (2) Is there any way to display the streaming url of each radio station added to Roon Internet Radio so that we can copy and save the urls in a text file outside the Roon application? That would make recovery much simpler, as it can be time consuming to find streaming urls that work for stations of interest. Thank you!

Hi @TomJ,

I just tested this out and, upon restoring my backup, all of the internet radio stations were in place. These stations, as long as they existed in Roon prior to the backup, should remain once restored.

You can see the URL by selecting a station and clicking Edit.

Many thanks Dylan for testing this on your system. Not sure what went wrong on mine (?) but let’s go ahead and close this request. It would be helpful to know how to access the streaming url strings stored in Roon Internet Radio to save offline.

Hi @TomJ,

Please see below:

1. Select station via right-click or long-press, then click Edit:

2. Click copy under the Stream URL field:

Thanks Dylan! Oops how embarrassing, I never scrolled down to the bottom of the edit screen, there it is. cheers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.