Internet radio will not play continuously,. stop after a few mins

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
NUC6i5SYH / V1.7 (710)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Verzion LTE HomeRouter > TP-Link M5 Deco mesh

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NUC/ROCK > USB > TEAC 505

Description Of Issue

Internet radio plays for a few minutes and stops. Happens with any radio station, happens on different DACs,… I can stream Radio from other Audio player services (Euphony or Auralic for example) without any issue.

Streaming Tidal or Qobuz works just fine without stopping,… only happens with internet radio stations…

Hi @John_Slate,

Is this happening with Live Radio streams of different formats (MP3/FLAC/AAC)?

It is happening with any stream,… any format any bit rate, even really low ones @ ~96k. I have no problem streaming hi-rez content from Tidal or Qobuz…

Hello @John_Slate, we had an issue with radio streams recently which has since been resolved. Are you still experiencing this issue?

Yes, still happening,…

So wht’s up? Can I get some help here fixing this constant problem? Thanks!

Hello @John_Slate, could you please reproduce the issue one more time and reply here with a timestamp and the stream you were using when you encounter the error? I’d like to enable diagnostics for your account so we can take a look at what you’re experiencing.

Also, can you tell me how your core connects to the router? Have you tried a direct Ethernet connection?

Sure, n/p! radio (All Classical Portland, http://allclassical-ice.streamguys.com/ac96kmp3) started at 3:05pm (eastern standard time zone +5),… just stopped playing at 3:13pm

Core is connected via Ethernet cable directly to a Mesh AP

Thank you for the help!

Hello @John_Slate, and thanks for the info! I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis. From there, I’ll send it over to our QA team for further review.

Thanks, so do I need to start playing Radio again so that it will error out and the logs will capture it? I’ve had Roon running all morning (Qobuz) btw,… THanks

So what’s going on here,… I still have this problem. It is extremely annoying since I listen to Radio ALOT during the day while I work. Actually I can’t listen to the radio because it continuously cuts out after a couple mins. I have heard nothing from tech support, etc,… since your last post…

Hello @John_Slate, and my apologies for the delayed response. I tried collecting diagnostics from your device but I wasn’t able to get the report from your core. Could you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.