Introducing RoPieee - A RoonBridge-to-go image for the Raspberry Pi

Hi @fritzg,

Yeah there’s a website: www.ropieee.org

But to be clear what the goals are for RoPieee: it’s about Roon, and Roon only. So no support for other protocols like DLNA. Furthermore it’s most important ‘feature’ is that it should be usable by people without computer skills. It should ‘just work’.

There are more then enough options out there to tinker with the Raspberry Pi, but RoPieee is not one of them.

Regards,

3 Likes

I’m wondering too :wink:

To be honest: I don’t know. In principle RoPieee can connect to multiple Roon Core’s, but that’s all theory. Just let me know!

Last update for this weekend in the beta channel.

The display has now time / progress information. As usual this update will be pushed to your device the coming hours.

This is the final touchscreen build in the beta channel: I’ve got enough feedback and test information to feel comfortable in making this part of the regular release. Somewhere the coming week I’ll release a new image with touchscreen support enabled.

Thanks everyone for testing and providing feedback!

1 Like

Ok this latest beta is performing even older for the screensaver.Does not switch off at all now and then does not display the details correctly.

That’s weird. What are you seeing exactly?

The display shows no Artwork and the artist, album, track are all showing unknown. This is on both of my systems. Not sure this is ready for PrimeTime yet Harry.

And I’ve been out of the house for 3 hours.

It’s a beta.

Ok this means that there is no communication. Did you tried rebooting the Rpi?

Not yet, about to. I know it’s a beta, just want to make sure it’s ok before you merge with the release branch hence my comment. I really appreciate all your work.

Rebooted, display is still staying on.

with everytting on ‘unknown’?

Yep. And if I try to play anything remote not updating.

I mean display not remote

can you have a look inside Roon settings? If the ropieee remote control extension is still enabled?

Yep both of them . One for each room

They both have unique names too.

I’m puzzled here. There is communication with the remote control, otherwise you would have seen an error msg on the display.

So that’s not the problem. But the extension is not able to retrieve information from Roon Core. Can you disable one? Just to make sure and test with a single one?

Could it be the extension does not like 2 instances of itself on the same network. It was working ok before I added the second system?

yes, that’s what I’m thinking could be an issue.