iOS 16.5 appears to break Lightning to USB 3 camera adapter

Works for me. I had to re-enable my iPhone 13 Pro Max in Roon - Settings - Audio

A dongle for all occasions including lightning, USB C, and HDMI.

EDIT: The FiiiO KA1 is probably the best expenditure yet.

EDIT2: Evidently, there is a problem here. When using my iPad 8th Gen, charging does not work. It works OK with iPhone.

2 Likes

Let’s hope apple don’t drop the lightning port.

Show off :grin:

2 Likes

I genuinely hope they do with the new models in september. Usb c is the way to go.

I believe the EU is making them do it anyways?

1 Like

The dongle life is strong with you too :grin:

I see you’re still enjoying the little fiio.

2 Likes

Yep, they are. Think a few years to go. Not sure if the UK will have them though. I prefer USB-c.

3 of iPad Mini 5th gen UK model ok with CCK
iPhone 8 UK model ok with CCK

2 Likes

These work. I had to set them up again in Roon - Settings - Audio. iPad Mini 6 and iPad 8th Gen.

EDIT: Evidently, there is a problem here. When using my iPad 8th Gen, charging does not work. It works OK with iPhone.

2 Likes

The story referred only to the one with the USB port and a lightning pass through for power. That’s the one I use. Haven’t updated yet, still going through the replies here, glad to see it’s not a universal issue! Agree, @AMT, the site is called MacRumors for a reason and no one is in a rush to the Apple Support Community to say that everything works fine!

1 Like

Figured it out eventually myself :slight_smile: I went ahead and updated to test for me and you guys on here anyways.

4 Likes

Updated iPhone 12 Mini to iOS 16.5 and confirmed operational with

1. Apple Camera dongle with my Zorloo Ztella DAC (USB A to C also)
  2. ddHiFi TC28i Lightning Male to Type-C Female OTG Adapter For iOS, also with Zorloo Ztella DAC

Playing ARC on the iPhone, Lossless 24/88.2 stream

1 Like

My Lightning to USB 3 (type A) adapter has been struck by this iOS update. Actually I have 2 of them, both with same issue.

Many of the people above that aren’t affected, don’t have the specific adapter that is affected.

Good to see a lot of noise is being made around the web - hopefully that means a quick fix is coming.

Seems like this is a popular adapter still in 2023.

1 Like

It’s the camera adaptor according to the article in the OPs post. That is what I have.

I know - I have 2 that stopped working 2 days ago due to update. Same as all the people complaining in all the articles.

But in this thread, there are people with other models saying they have no issues - that’s because their model is not affected.

The issue is charging phone at the same time. If I connect a Dragonfly it will still work, as that gets powered by the iPhone itself. But phone won’t charge.

2 Likes

Ah, I think I see what you mean.

Mine works completely. Charger plugged in charges my phone’s and iPads still.

Don’t know why.

1 Like

You have a unicorn :smile:
:unicorn:

1 Like

This works, including charging. As I posted above, I had to re-enable my devices in Roon - Settings - Audio.

EDIT: Evidently, there is a problem here. When using my iPad 8th Gen, charging does not work. It works OK with iPhone.

EDIT2: I’ll use my iPhone until Apple fixes the charging for iPads.

Wow @Jim_F you’ve got the iPhone 15 already, the first invisible iPhone. Not even Samsung can do that :grin::rofl:

Updated my iPad, which I use with Roon less often than my phone. My Dragonfly works with the adapter, but the iPad doesn’t charge through the adapter, whether the dac is plugged in or not. I’ll probably hold off on my phone for a while - it’s my main source of music in my office. Looks like it’s a mixed bag, working fine for some, not working at all for others, and maybe even somewhere in between. I haven’t seen any mention of a fix in the 16.6 betas. Fingers crossed for a .1 update soon.

2 Likes