iOS App Not Seeing Roon Core

Roon Core Machine

Roon build 988 running on an iMac (Big Sur, 3.1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5, 40GB RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Linksys Velop AX4200 WiFi 6 Mesh

Description of Issue

I believe this problem started with the latest build but might have begun with the previous one. The Roon app running on iPhones is periodically being disconnected from the Roon core. I receive the error noting the app can’t connect to the core. Restarting the app or Roon doesn’t seem to help. The only solution is to restart the entire computer. Aside from upgrading to the latest build, nothing has changed with the computer used as the Roon core or with the phones running the Roon app.

Is everything on the same build of 988?

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, everything is on the same build: 988.

Hey @kd007,

Can you please go to Settings>About on the remote that is giving you problems and post a screenshot of that page? Thanks!

@jamie,

Thank you for the reply. The problem was actually happening with all the iPhones in the household. However, I haven’t encountered the problem for about 5 or 6 days.

Hey @kd007,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! It looks like your Core may have been assigned a new IP with the update and the remotes were not. In most cases, a Core/Router restart will help. Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.