iOS Dark Theme Flashes White on App Switching [Fixed in B783]

I just happened upon this thread and realized that I’m not the only one with an iPad that flashes. I thought my iPad was (sorry) on the blink. Is there something I can do about this because it’s beginning to driving me nuts.

Until Roon fixes this your only option is to switch to the Light Theme.

1 Like

Please add my name to the database related to this issue. Very annoying.

1 Like

Another user here who is tired of being half-blinded by my iPad every time I resume Roon from the background on my iPad, surely this full-screen flash can be suppressed?

Dang…I’d hoped this was an easy fix and would be in this latest release. But no…I’ll have to close my eyes and flinch each time I pick up my iPad for a while longer.

Yes, it does this upon iPad refresh for me too. It never used to do this… it’s my number one gripe. It’s extremely annoying, especially when listening in the evening when the lights are low.

Still doing this on 778

Does anybody know why the iPad has to reconnect each time I touch it? Really annoying because it usually goes back to the top of the page or disc 1 of a box set and you loose your place. Not to mention the searing flash. Is it a battery issue? My iPad is dedicated to the room I listen in and so is plugged in most of the time. I would love to see an option so that it can stay connected…or sense that the iPad is plugged in and stay connected. Do Android pads have to reconnect like the iPad?

iOS is killing your Roon app once it goes into the background. What iPad do you have? It’s usually because the app is heavy on memory usage and your iPad can’t spare any RAM.

I have an iPad Pro 4th Generation which I think has 6 gb ram and 512 gb memory.

Roon doesn’t have the ‘background app refresh’ toggle in the iOS settings. I’m not an iOS dev but at a guess it probably has something to do with this function.

1 Like

It’s amazing that almost two months later this still isn’t fixed. I just can’t imagine what’s so bloody difficult to fix and I’m a former iOS developer…

From what I get you guys really decided to reinvent the wheel and it bit you in the beehind real nasty.

1 Like

Maybe you wanna give a helping hand?

I’d be happy to, but since Roon is not open source I don’t think I’d be able to help :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this has now been fixed, not been blinded this evening.

It sure seems like it has been!

Thanks so much to the Roon team for saving my sanity.

Same problemfnd3no4m £%$36dmpdk 4ròf3ojfm.

Sorry, I forgot my sunglasses and I just got flashed :grin:

Have you updated to build 783? Should be fixed! If not, don’t hesitate to start a new topic in #support.

Ciao Kevin, I was actually flashed yesterday and I just noticed the latest release. So, very poor timing from my side. Thanks for your support and keep going, Roon is great!

1 Like

Yes, this seems fixed now :+1: