iOS Dark Theme Flashes White on App Switching [Fixed in B783]

It depends on how long Roon hasn’t been active, as little as a minute sometimes reproduces the problem.

Here’s a screen capture video of the problem, all I’m doing is switching from the Apollo app to Roon via a swipe action: Roon - YouTube

Latest version of iOS on iPhone and iPad.

Also scrolling is janky.

6 Likes

I also support this request.
The “flash” is probably for a refresh/sync action of some kind.

It would be nice if the “flash” would be painted black in dark mode.

That is better for the eyes in low light situations like an evening listening session. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Noticed it as well on iPhone and iPad.

Very annoying - I hope something can be done to minimize/eliminate this - @Kenneth_Rosenkrantz called it a selfie flash :joy:

Edit: deleted my rant!

I sometimes get a grey bar in dark mode covering the top of the screen (extending from the date/time to the wifi/battery icons).

1 Like

I’ve also seen the grey bar, on iPhone and iPad. Not sure what’s causing it but I read that it was also a problem on previous early versions.

Edit: you can see the grey bar in the video if you’ve not being blinded by the white flash.

add me here as well. This is extremely annoying and makes it a pain to use the dark theme on an iPad

2 Likes

+1

Same flash. ipad pro.

Also scrolling albums is not as smooth as it was on 1.7

2 Likes

I also want this changed. I use Roon in dark mode and listen in the dark and that retina searing white flash is really annoying!

Thanks

2 Likes

I agree… please somehow get rid of the white flash - it’s irritating

3 Likes

Same here. Annoying white flash with Roon on startup. Which is often as it crashes a lot and then sometime the info bar at the top is grey.

2 Likes

Agreed. It always makes me think the app is about to crash…then it reappears.

1 Like

Same here. This flash is oppressive at night.

2 Likes

It ruins the UX

2 Likes

Bleeding eyes here, too.

3 Likes

Another affected user. Such a trivial issue on the surface, but it really diminishes my enjoyment of Roon.

4 Likes

Not got access to my roon core but here’s a screencap video, on this occasion it doesn’t happen on first launch of the app but does on the switching back to the app. Also the white doesn’t normally last this long when the roon core is accessible, it’s more like a 500ms flash…

https://youtu.be/W569L2aI-Sg

There is a ticket in for that issue. Its been recognized. I’m affected too…

5 Likes

Still the same problem here. Very annoying. Is there a fix on the horizon??