iOS does not login

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core - Fidelizer Nimitra S server
Windows 10 64 bit 8GB RAM Intel Celeron J1900 2.0GHz CPU
Current Roon build

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Assus DOCIS 3.1 modem
Netgear Nighthawk router
Aqvox SE Switch
Modwright/OPPO Sonica DAC

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
USB/Ethernet connections

Description Of Issue
Roon Remote iOS (iPad and iPhone) logon issue:

1. Very slow login if at all.
  2. Requires multiple attempts.
  3. Delete/Reinstall iOS app is immediately logged in
  4. Issue is worse after Core reboot. Almost always requires Remote Delete/Reinstall
  5. Does not happen with PC remote

Fidelizer seemed to correct issue with code line deleting cache on logoff. However, issue is recurring now after recent Roon rev. I’ve asked Fidelizer to see if rev affected his coding.

Hi @Daniel_Gale,

To clarify, by login do you mean actually entering your username and password and you’re getting failure messages? Or just connecting to the Core in general?

How is the PC connected to the network? Any different than the iOS device?

By login I mean just connecting to Core in general.

IPHONE, IPad and PC all login wirelessly.

Here is reply from Fidelizer. BTW Nimitra S has 8GB RAM.

FIDELIZER : I restarted RoonServer with cache/database/log cleared now. It should work fine and let me know if it happens again.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Hi @Daniel_Gale,

Most frequently this type of issue is caused by networking issues, but it’s interesting that this seems to happen with a reboot of the Core machine. As a test, can you try running the Windows machine as your Core instead of the Nimitra? Does the same issue occur with the Windows Core?

Hi Dylan. I’ve used the HP laptop as a Core for several weeks. Logon was always instantaneous. Never had this issue. Problem is laptop fan is quite loud and it has to be near the rest of my system. Same network equipment of course. Seems unique to Nimitra. However I know another user who doesn’t have the same issue.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.