iOS freezing / stalling issues - iPhone 13 Pro Max

For the past 5-6 months, the iOS remote app on my wife’s iPhone 13 Pro Max exhibits this same behavior. When the app is not used for several minutes during a listening session, it becomes unresponsive. Swiping up (quitting the app) and opening up the app immediately restores all function. My phone (iPhone 13) never exhibits this behavior. Same account, same network.

Time of day matters not, and we have no added features (HQ, etc.).

Thats interesting as to why it would affect one remote over others. I see this behaviour on all my remotes, iPhone 13, Android DAP and MacOs and Windows (last two not as much but does happen and did lots this weekend)

Do you use the same profile or have separate ones?

1 Like

I agree! Very odd. Yes, we use the same profile - sorry I didn’t mention that in my original post. It seemed to happen suddenly, and I deleted/reinstalled the app several times. Has happened over phone and Roon updates over the last few months.

Hi @Dennis_Bartelheim,

Thanks for your report! I split it off into its own thread for better tracking. Our team is currently investigating iOS freezing issues, I hope to have more information to share soon. :pray:

@benjamin this behaviour isn’t limited to iOS remotes it happens on all variants, Android, windows and Mac the last two not as much but does happen.

Thank you @CrystalGipsy we are aware that it affects multiple devices.

Ok. I’m jumping over to this thread. As I said on the other thread, I’m having the same problem on my iPad Air . It’s been going on for months. I don’t know what hq player is, so I’ll assume that I’m not using it

I’m also adding that I’m getting a lot of slow loading along with this problem. I have never had a problem with slow loading before. Loading used to be pretty instant

Is there any update on this? There were several threads in the support section. All these topics are now closed. This one stays open a bit longer now that I reply… But I have not heard/ seen/ or experienced the solution for the very frequent ios freezes that require an app restart.

1 Like