Pro Series iOS Phones Not Locking to Higher 120FPS Refresh Rate [Ticket In: Affecting Pro-Series iPhones]

Hmmm. Scrolling is improved on the iPhone 13 Pro Max as mentioned above, but still jerky for me on the 12.9” iPad Pro.

Really solid attempt at fixing the scrolling issue. I’d say it’s about 80-90% fixed, it’s nice and smooth, just not buttery smooth.

I am curious though, since you guys clearly made a major improvement, as to what actually caused the scrolling issue.

2 Likes

Thank you guys! This is a LOT better! :smiley:

Edit: No, it’s freaking GREAT! :+1:

6 Likes

Thank you @Mikael_Ollars,

We’re glad to hear that you’re enjoying what you’re seeing! :v:t2:

3 Likes

@jamie @kevin On the iPhone 12 Pro feels overall a tad quicker / responsive. Though what for example is still choppy when sliding through a list and it gets slower, right before it stops it‘s jerky.

I’m seeing this now too on the iPhone 13 Pro Max, but much worse on the 12.9" iPad Pro.

Unfortunately, not much difference here with the latest build (b903, on iPad 7th gen).

Scrolling through Albums seems a little better, but still a little jerky when slowly scrolling, but not bad overall.

Trying to scroll on the Now Playing screen (I hope I’m using the correct term), for example artist bio/info, still often jumps wildly when trying to scroll up or down to read the entire text. This screen is still pretty much unusable when trying to scroll up or down. If I go to the Artist page to read the same text, it scrolls pretty smoothly with a little jerkiness when slowly scrolling, but perfectly usable unlike the Now Playing screen.

No difference for me either on my 2018 11" iPad pro and iPad mini 6. Shame

ipad 9th Gen, perfect scrolling now. Thanks! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Scrolling still jumpy on iPad Pro 10.5” running in iPadOS 15.2.1 :cry:

IPad Pro here and scrolling maybe feels little worse now, there is something jerky about the movement that is hard to explain.

Also app crashes every time if I use scrollbar to go quickly through my artists/albums.

We just submitted a new build with further improvements to iOS scrolling! Apple is still reviewing the build, but as soon as it’s released we hope you’ll give it another spin and let us know how things feel.

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing @kevin :beers:

2 Likes

On iPhone 13, still crashes when scrolling quickly thru albums.

No crashes on iPad mini.

Jim
This is part of what really confuses myself with this problem.
I also have an iPad mini4 and have zero issues with it.

So what/where is the disconnect that makes mine fine and yours troublesome?

That has to be a major headache to try and resolve when it doesn’t appear to be even device consistent.

1 Like

Do you have any iDevice that isn’t choppy?
My devices behave beautifully with the two latest releases, when scrolling in Album view.

Interestingly (I think?) I just demonstrated Album scrolling (on iPad) to SWMBO who thought there was a slight choppiness whereas I think it’s scrolling smoothly with not even a hint of “Chop.”

1 Like

No, that’s actually a great thought process Paul…user expectations.

Possibly it is myself who has too low of an expectation of performance of my iPad?

And possibly others too.

Yes interesting indeed.

Scrolling on the 12.9” M1 iPad Pro is actually worse after this update. I should also point out that we are still waiting for trackpad support on the iPad.

Yeah, I’ve thought it’s fine for a while - at least on my devices. In line with other experiences I have. Others don’t like it.

1 Like