iOS Shutting Down

iPhone 14 Pro Max

The Roon iOS app started immediately shutting down last week after opening. Same thing is happening on an iPad. Reinstalled app and have the same problem.

I see in the forum posts this was happening to others in the past with no posted resolution from support.

Please check that you have updated your Roon Remote on iOS to the latest version. Mismatched versions between the Remotes and the Core may be a factor here.

Hi Goeff,

I already uninstalled the IOS app and reinstalled the version available in the Apple app store. Is the version in the app store not the latest version?

It should be. I saw a report that someone had succeeded in stopping the crashes by ensuring that the latest versions of the Remotes and Core were installed, but perhaps something else is at play here. In any event, Roon Labs are aware of the issue and it is being investigated.

Are you still experiencing crashes? If so, please give full information of your Roon and network setup to aid in further diagnosis.

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell them how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell Support about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.