iOS zone is lost on pause

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC7I7BNH / ROCK / 1.7 build 537

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet:
NUC on Gigabit ethernet
NETGEAR GS116Ev2 16-Port Gigabit Smart Managed Plus Switch
NETGEAR RBK50 Orbi Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System (Router and Satellite), Tri-Band AC3000 (3.0 Gbps) router connected to switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

iPhone XR over WiFi
Beats Powerbeats Pro headphones connected over bluetooth to iPhone

Description Of Issue

When I pause the audio on my iOS zone using my headphones’ button (i.e. clicking on the pause/play button on my Beats headphones), I cannot restart audio by clicking the pause/play button again. I need to take out my iPhone, unlock it, open the Roon app. Roon seems to take a few seconds to re-find the iPhone zone (that zone seems to have been somehow ‘lost’ after I clicked the pause button). I can then restart the music by clicking play on the iPhone interface.

I’ve had this issue for years. It is not intermittent – it always occurs. It’s been very frustrating when I want to briefly pause music during work. Kept hoping it would be fixed in a new build, but seems to be a systematic issue. Can you please help with what has gone wrong and why the pause button won’t work?

Thanks for the report, @kdsl.

I think the first step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

I’ve reproduced it now. This was at 4pm GMT.

Any news on this? I have reproduced the issue at 4pm GMT on Saturday 2 May. What should I do next?

Just pinging this again after a week.

I cannot use the buttons on my bluetooth headphones to unpause music once paused on an iOS zone. @dylan suggested enabling diagnostics – can you explain how I can do this?

Hi @kdsl,

Apologies for the delayed response here, I have been out of the office for a few days.

I spoke with the team about this and they’re going to be doing some internal testing on this behavior. I’ll be sure to reach out once I have further feedback.

Thanks!

Thanks! Just let me know if there is any testing you’d like me to do on my end. It’s an easy issue for me to reproduce at my end.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.