iPad app in portrait (for all models) [Done in Roon 1.8]

Yes, the reason for portrait mode support or non-support is resolution.
But, where it is supported it really should support portrait mode whether the top edge is at 12:00 or 06:00! :slight_smile:

I still would like portrait mode on my secondary iPad, an iPad 2018 (9.7") as i prefer that kind of view for browsing and reading.

In the Black Friday email, Roon is showing a layout mockup that, from what i can tell (compared to sizes of the MacBook Pro and the iPhone itā€™s next to) looks like the 11" iPad Pro or the new iPad Air in portrait mode. Really hoping that this means portrait mode is coming soon to devices other than the 12.9" Pro and not just misleading advertising.

1 Like

Perhapsā€¦but portrait mode works on my LG V35 smartphone (1440 x 2880 pixels) yet not on my 3rd gen iPad Air (1668x2224 pixels). It seems like thereā€™s enough pixels there to support both vertical and horizontal scroll just fine in all modes.

Yeah, thatā€™s an odd one. Seems like a bugā€¦

1 Like

You caught usā€¦ Coming ASAPā€¦ Next major release for sure.

11 Likes

Spotted @dusk_drums and after I bought the 12.9 :sunglasses:

Even a declaration of a future release from @danny

Best Christmas present ever!

I didnā€™t say anything about Christmas :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Christmas 202X.

I saw that and was full of hope.

Wriggle wriggle :joy:

If I was Roon I would not issue a major release right before Christmas with all the support headaches that that brings. However they have done releases right before the holidays before so maybe they are braver than I am.

1 Like

I just installed Roon. Very disappointed to hold my iPad Pro 11 sideways (landscape) :frowning:

Why no portrait mode support???

Be patient, it is promised for 1.8 which is not very far away.

Roon have explained this time and again , the forum is full of comments(complaints) about thye absence. Its to do with the number of pixels across a device screen. There is a more tech explanation if you search for it

As @Mikael_Ollars suggest it may be coming soon , I must admit I donā€™t recall seeing a promise of 1.8 but I may have missed it .

the only device that supports both views is the iPad Pro 12.9, if its any consolation I tend use my 12.9 in Landscape it just feels better :sunglasses:

1 Like

Itā€™s just a few posts above:

I did miss it !! but with a 12.9 I wasnā€™t looking , at least 1.8 will provide one thing i my use !!

Well, you actually commented Dannys post also! :smiley:

I am getting old you know , I can tell you what I had for breakfast on 29 May 1971 , last week a bit iffy :sunglasses:

3 Likes

This is done in 1.8.

2 Likes