iPad app in portrait (for all models) [Done in Roon 1.8]

Excellent. Thank you!

I use the web controller interface on my iPads around the house. It runs without crashing unlike the Roon client that seems to crash/close after a few days of continuous use.

I still not understand, why Roon offers portrait mode on the iPhone and need so much time to offer it on the iPad ?!?
Not talking about about split view and slide over.

3 Likes

Hi Larry did you manage to find a walkthrough for installing this web interface and make it run on a QNAP NAS ? I tried but installing a program via Power Node js 8xx is still an enigma for me

Sorry, I run it on a Raspberry Pi installed via Extension Manager

Thanks
However when navigating into Container Station dockers in the QNAP NAS I did see Roon Extension Manager there. So maybe if I install this REM I would be able to install the web API directly from Roon? Anyone tried this?

No harm in trying, I suspect it will install just fine. EM manages the install of everything else so it will pull the correct version etc.

1 Like

Thanks. Well I am discovering more and more things. I was just navigating into the repository of Roon extensions. There are many things that have been made

Any news on this feature?
A new version is out and still no portrait view. I am disappointed :frowning:

1 Like

This would be a nice addition but I guess i’m used to how it works now, it’s the same on my W10 tablet.

This would be nice as I have a 2020 iPad.

@Ryan_Herrera1,
Which version the 12.9 iPad Pro should be ok

The answer is in your question , the 12,9 inch version (not the 11-inch version).
So for now:

Dirk

I was asking @Ryan_Herrera1, I have a iPad mini so no thoughts that way

Ironically I have a Win 12 in tablet capable of both , I use it landscape

I got fed up and bought meself a Roon Remote at the pricely sum of €1200… (iPad 12.9" 2020)
Should that be necessary to give me the option of browsing my library in portrait mode? :wink:

3 Likes

Portrait mode on the iPad app would be so great!

It work on iPhone and on iPad pro.
Why not put a little effort into this and make a lot of people happy?

3 Likes

+1

It would be nice!

1 Like

Still looking forward to this for my secondary iPad, and curious as to why portait mode is only available in one of the possible portrait modes on my iPad Pro 12.9" (2020)?

1 Like

Isn’t it to do with the required number of pixels the Roon display uses ?

I have a 12.9 pro I use 90% landscape, portrait just looks odd ,