Ipad, Iphone, and PC cannot find core on Nucleus

I am almost positive that it was NOT upgraded to 2.0. When did that come out?

I am a volunteer mod so trying to help. What version of Roon Core were you running and what versions of Roon Remote are you using on your iOS devices and PC?

1 Like

I Think everything is 1.8

Can you confirm what is on your iPhone, is it Roon Remote (which is 2.0) or Roon Remote (Legacy) (which is 1.8)? Devices running 1.8 can see only other devices and the Core running 1.8, and the same for 2.0. I am wondering if your Core and your Remotes are not runnng the same versions.

1 Like

Robert, I REALLY hate sounding so stupid but how , or where do I find what core version is on my Iphone, Ipad which I use as remotes? When I go to the Roon icon on them I see no indication of OS version?

1 Like

Hi Paul,

I know what you mean. Can’t find Roon version number on iPhone. I just remove and then install current version from Apple’s App Store. Recently ran into a problem with “poor connection, please retry later” on Roon Arc. Uninstalled Roon and Roon Arc on my iPhone and then reinstalled current versions from App Store. No more “poor connection, please retry later.”

Makes sense, will try

@Paul_Monroe, if you look at your iPhone Settings menu and scroll down to the installed applications, if you have “Roon” installed, it should be v2.0, but if it says Roon Remote Legacy then it is v1.8. I am not sure how to check your Nucleus Plus if you cannot connect to it.

This is really getting frustrating. On going to the app store I found an app for rthe remot but it saif 1.8 Legacy , so that was not the new one. I found a "Roon ARC’ so I installed that on my Iphone. When I click on that icon Up comes my name, my email and the message “No Roon Cores Found”. Should the Roon ARC have worked???

Ok I found a “Roon Essentials " which must be the new one, so I installed it too. It has the same image that existed before. When I activate it searches for my 'Roon Essentials Core”. When nothing happened after a while I hit help. It asked me to enter an IP. on doing so It started searching and has continued for the past 5 minutes or so.

I am going back and try the old legacy 1.8 app

Well that doesn’t work either. Nothing can find the core.

I see a Benjamin Martz on this site is having the exact problem after a power outage. We had one the night before My difficulty was found, although the nucleus had not been used foe several weeks but had been left powered up.

@Paul_Monroe, Roon ARC is used for remote access outside your home and requires Roon 2.0, but is separate from the Roon Remote app. Roon Essentials is an app used by an Elac Roon platform and cannot be used outside of their specific implementation. For now you should delete the Roon Essentials app as it does not apply to your Roon configuration. Maybe install the Roon Remote app (without the Legacy reference) and see if that helps with finding the Nucleus Plus.

I am tagging @support, they will be back in the office Monday and will need to look into this with you.

1 Like

Roon Remote app for 2.0 in the Apple store will not download. All the hype there makes it look as a forthcoming app.

What model iPhone are you using and what version of iOS is installed on it?

Hi Paul,

I was able to install Roon Remote without difficulty. iPhone 13 and iOS 16.3. Still don’t see version following the directions given above. Has to be 2.0 or greater since Roon Arc works with it. Sorry if this seems like lemon in a paper cut.

FYI, I’m in North America.

Iphone14Plus with latest iOS updated a week or so ago.

1 Like

Bill when I do a search for Roon in the Apple store Roon Remote comes up with description of roon OS version 2.0 BUT there is no “get” icon or anything elseI can find that that will let me download it. Frustrating!

1 Like

Hi Paul. Hang in there.

You have to have deleted previous Roon Remote downloads to download again.

I did this again in order to provide the steps involved.

On my iPhone, after deleting and then re-finding Roon Remote in the App Store, there is a cloud with a downward pointing arrow. All my devices are backed up in iCloud. I click on this, Roon Remote downloads and an OPEN button appears. I click on this and it takes me to a window “Roon” Would Like to Send You Notifications. Make your choice and a window appears: “Roon” would like to find and connect to devices on your local network. Allow this and a User Agreement window appears. On my system, a Choose your Roon Core window opens. My Roon core appears as a choice and I select Connect. A select an audio zone window with recent Roon activity appears. Same story with Roon Arc, except that a log into your Roon Account is required, so have that ready. Connect and then wait for Roon Arc to sync with your Roon account. A question, Who’s listening today will appear? Click on the correct person, and the Roon Arc window opens with Recent Roon activity.

The first step may be different for devices not backed up on iCloud. That is something I can’t assess. On a device without iCloud backup I found Roon Remote (Legacy) with a GET button. The Roon Remote App had the iCloud download symbol.

Hope this helps and please don’t take offense at my description of each step. Just describing a process that I haven’t done for awhile.

Bill