iPad is not able to detect Roon but iPhone could

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus+ Build 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus AC88u Router with Ethernet connection to TP-Link TL-SG105 Switch to the Nucleus+

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Devialet Original d’Atelier with Ethernet connection from the Switch via Malco N1Z

Description Of Issue

iPad is not able to connect to Roon,

but iPhone is able to.

Have you tried restarting the iPad app?

Hi @Tategoi,

I would try rebooting the iPad as the initial troubleshooting step as well. Since you mentioned that you are using an Asus router, have you made sure to Enable Multicast Routing in the router settings? We have sometimes seen this setting affect Roon Remote connections as mentioned in our Networking Best Practices Guide.

Thanks. Rebooting my iPad works. I didn’t realize it’s a common and known issue.

Hi @Tategoi,

Glad to hear that rebooting the iPad resolved the issue! If possible, I would also take a look at the multicast settings I mentioned, as it may help and if it does I would be interested in knowing this info.

It was disabled. I have enabled it right now and will see what happen.

So please help me understand this. Multicasting Routing setting will only affect iPad and not iPhone?

Hi @Tategoi,

The Muticast Routing settings should affect both. We are looking into a few similar reports where just the iPad has issues connecting to the Core, and I am curious to know if multicast routing helps with this issue.

So far so good in the last few days. iPad works just as consistently as the iPhone with the Multicast Routing enabled.

1 Like

Hi @Tategoi,

Thanks for the follow-up! Do let me know if multicast routing appears to have fixed the issue over a longer time-period as this is a good data point for us to have. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.