iPad lose every one minute connection

Hi Jeff,

It’s gigabit ethernet running through an AVM Router / AP and a NetGear 24 port switch. Nothing to spectacular. The switch has IGMP snooping enabled with port based QOS.

BB

After the latest updates, I haven’t experienced this problem anymore. Also in between, Microsoft has released the Creators Update for Win10, which I installed. Now I have Windows firewall on and no dropouts with iPad or iPhone.

I had some issues with a managed Netgear too switch which was related to IP multicast.

Is IGMP Snooping enabled for all your affected VLANs and or ports?
Is Auto-Video Configuration enabled?

Hi Johan,

Previously IGMP snooping was activated for all ports, but in the mean time, I have deactivated it. Honestly it didn’t seem to make a difference either way. My switch does not seem to have the “Auto-Video Configuration” option.

@ Patouskii: I must also admit that after the last Roon Update the problem is less frequent, but still very annoying.

I am considering removing the Roon App completely from the iPad and reinstalling. Does anyone have a recommendation for the best way of going about it to ensure the cleanest possible reinstall?

Thanks, BB

Turn off iCloud backups of Roon first. This will ensure the cleanest reinstall. You can turn it back on after reinstalling.

So I reinstalled Roon on my iPad and managed to listen to 5 minutes of music before the first disconnect. Definately a step in the right direction but still not perfect.

Slowly, but surely, I am starting to run out of ideas…

3 posts were split to a new topic: Remote connectivity issues iPad

Sorry for the delay in responding you. I was in a business trip.

The problem remains. It’s absolutely annoying.

Core/plataform: mac book pro (mid 2009), running OS X El Capitan (firewall disabled).

Roon: 1.3 (build 234) stable (64bit)

Remote: ipad Pro and iphone 7 running the latest version of ios and roon.

Wifi: D link DIR - 809 (5 or 2.4 ghz)

I would like to draw your attention to the fact that this is not an isolated issue. Many users are not writing their problems here (lack of time, or just because they don’t speak English), but they are reading the forum and waiting for roon to do something that really solves this annoying problem.

Before roon, I had used another music player, and have not experienced any trouble with the remote (same core, same remotes).

Please, give some attention to your users. There are complains here, about the same issue, that were made a long time ago, and the problem stills not solved.

Thank you very much.

@support