iPad Pro (as endpoint) intermittently not "enabling" as Audio Zone

I run Roon Server from an old MacBook Pro/External HD combo to an iPad Pro running the Roon app. Works great/sounds great – when it works… but intermittently, when choosing the iPad Pro as the Audio Zone, it will either get stuck on “Enabling…” or take a bit of futzing to get it to finally “Enable” and read as the endpoint.

Yes, I’ve cycled all connect components multiple times and sometimes this has helped … but not in any consistent way.

Also, in app volume control doesn’t seem to function as it does with other endpoints. Is there a known workaround?

Wondering if anyone out there is running into similar issues or if there’s a known fix.

Thanks.

'11 MacBook Pro w/ upgraded RAM, SSD + External HD via USB [Roon Server] >> WIFI >> '17 iPad Pro [Roon iOS app] >> Audioquest Forest (Lightning to USB via Peachtree DyNEC interface) >> Peachtree Nova 150 >> B&W CDM1 SE

1 Like

Yes, I have seen the exact same behaviour and this was already in 1.5. I haven’t used 1.6 much yet, just updated a few hours ago.

1 Like

Same here. It was present in 1.5 and it has not changed in 1.6. The cure is to kill Roon and start up again, but obviously not ideal.

Same here, iPad is randomly stuck on “enabling”

1 Like

Mine has done this for about a year. I don’t restart roon, I simply click cancel botton on the enabling spinner for the ipad then restart enabling on the ipad. That seems to fix it 99% of the time. very annoying but manageable. helps keep me exercised.

2 Likes

Are there any other tests or workarounds for this? I’m seeing it with two iPad Pros. They had been working fine for a week or so. I can play music from iTunes through an external bt speaker, so I know iPad audio is working.

I am seeing the same behaviour a lot with my iPhone XR. I launch Roon on my iPhone and try to select my phone as the audio end point and its missing. I then go to settings > audio and it’s enabling. I tap on the gear icon and select disable then enable and the app crashes. This is happening most of the time now and has been for the past few months or more. Annoying as I can no longer just get on and listen to music but have to fiddle around to get it all working.

1 Like