iPad Pro Compatibility

@support any chance of portrait support in the 10.5" iPad Pro?

1 Like

I believe it was mentioned in another post that the resolution & scaling of the 10.5" will not support this, until a redesigned gui is released at some point in the future. I agree that it would be nice to have, but for me it is a very minor limitation.

Excuse my ignorance but does the 12.9 iPad Pro have portrait mode now with Roon?

Sure does.

1 Like

Hello, my iPhone X and iPad pro 10.5 do not find the roon core anymore after latest iOS update. Any ideas? Thanks Markolf

Is your Roon core up to date?

Have you rebooted all Roon devices?

I am waiting for it very much.

Landscape is a torture to me, really.

I never use Portrait at all, it just doesnā€™t work for me , although I can on my iPad Pro. Just goes to show itā€™s hard to please everyoneā€¦ ahh wellā€¦

Cannot figure out how you donā€™t like the portrait mode.

The landscape is awkward to use on my 10.5 so should be worse on your 12!

Just sits propped by the case, in front of me. I can do all Roon and web browsing etc easy. I like the width.

I listen in the chair and to me it blocks the music in landscape, too large, too bad.

Portrait needed here.

Hi, Core is up to date and now I rebooted everything and it works now. Just on the iPhone X I cannot choose the iPhone as a device to listen.
Best
Markolf

Since the UI overhaul is perhaps still a long ways off, is there any reason you couldnā€™t relax the dpi requirement to make portrait mode work on smaller tablets in the meantime? Seems like a simple change that would be of value to many of your users.

many screens would not fit if we did that. the ui is not a long way offā€¦ many new screens are being done in the new style (see dsp)

I just ordered an iPad Pro 11. Will that work with Roon in portrait mode?

Nope 12.9ā€ only

This is also so big, you never use portrait anyway.

Iā€™m very happy with my 11ā€ pro and rather prefer the landscape roon view anyway.

1 Like

If you use portrait, the charge wire is at the top, looks ugly, or at the bottom, totally impractical.
You need a stand that supports it, and mine doesnā€™t. Also, what do you gain?
Nothing I can seeā€¦ Portrait for me is a No Noā€¦

I never use my iPad Pro in landscape mode with Roon or any other app that I can think of.