iPad Pro Compatibility

Thank you Nick. I’ll stop looking for a cause in my own setup.

It’s certainly a minor issue, even cosmetic only.

What is this?

weird typo… i fixed it… the tablet/desktop ui is built for a certain number of pixels at a certain dpi… that’s why we only do landscape on ipads, as they are all 1024 wide and the dpi is fine

the huge ipad pro actually can do the same pitch horizontally in portrait mode, so no reason to not support portrait there. in portrait on the big ipad pro, its like making the desktop app as narrow as itll go and very tall.

1 Like

Ah, makes sense.
I thought it was some advanced technical abbreviation I wasn’t familiar with…

(As I have said) the Surface Book allows detaching the display and using it as a tablet, and it has almost exactly the same width, height, thickness and weight as the large iPad. And it works the same way, including portrait mode.

I see your point about the value of the big screen. Nonetheless, when I needed to replace my lost iPad, I got the 9.7" iPad Pro. Smaller size and weight decided it for me.

My recently purchased iPad Pro 9.7 128gb sure operates Roon remote a bunch better than my iPad Air 16gb. Everything loads faster with the processor improvements.

Other then loading faster what are the other pros of I pad pro 9.7 vs I Pad Air ?

Better screen, better camera, faster processor (ipad air 1 has the A7 processor)

Just more improvements to a great product. Compare link above.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Remote (iPad Pro) can’t find Core

I use iPad Pro 9.7" and a 12.9" for Roon remote and both work very well.

I’d recommend buying the fastest iPad you can - the pros being the fastest right now as that gives them a longer working life. I have to say the 12.9" is my favourite.

1 Like

Agreed. Makes a great Roon remote. People get rather confused though when they realise it just lies there in my listening room unused unless I’m listening to music.:innocent:

1 Like

I love using the 12.9" for Roon remote - just a great experience (apart from the disconnecting and reconnecting issue of course).

@evand - get duet app and voila…an extra monitor for your macbook :wink:

1 Like

12.9 Pro user here too. Loving it as a Roon remote (and pretty much everything else, barely use a computer when I’m at home anymore)!!

1 Like

next build will make this less jarring, but if it’s taking more than a few seconds to connect, then you need your wifi to renegotiate faster… moving closer to wifi will do that.

1 Like

Just add my name to the list of happy PRO 12.9 users.

After using the Apple 2 on Sooloos for the last 6 years this device is an eye opener in all senses of that. And yes, it looks great with Sooloos too but that system has now been shut down in favour if Roon.

Yes, I pad Prop 12.9 is a terrific Roon remote. I am used to the size already. :sunglasses:

How about the weight? Can the 12.9" model be held comfortably with one hand?

Have to confess i’m considering getting one but may wait and see if the rumoured intermediate size model appears.

I have it in a good case and tend to sit it on a Lap Tray on my lap. The case props it up securely at the correct angle.
I wouldn’t use it with one hand as that’s too heavy.

I agree with Chris. It is not a one hand job but that is not a negative for me. After all it is not like you have it on your lap all the time. It is there to help choose music you want to listen to. After you have found it you shut it down, put it beside you and relax to the music.

My used one came with a keypad but I never use it but did buy a $21 cover. All up cost for mine (128GB) was $AUD1160 but they are around for much less. Gumtree is a good source but one must be careful not to buy stolen goods.

I bought a refurbished one from Apple. Same warranty, new case and battery and they have sorted it. Saved £150 from new price. Delivery was upper quick and unpacking it was like a new product experience. Also I can speak into this to type what I’m writing.
Another thought, I’ve borrowed a friends iPad Pro to try Roon on at home before I bought this iPad.