iPad Pro won't connect to core as remote

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Core runs on Sonore Sonictansporter NUC server.
iPhone and iPad Mini work fine as remotes.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Cisco wireless router. Players are wired.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
This has nothing to do with the audio devices. However, i use a Sonore Signature streamer, a Squeezebox, and a Logitech transporter.

Description Of Issue
Hey. I am a long term Roon user. For years, I have used an iPhone and iPad mini as remotes. I have been trying to use my iPad Pro as a remote as well, but it will not connect. I have tried all of Roon’s suggestions and have even redownloaded the app but with no success.

My iPad Pro will not connect to Roon Core. I have tried your trouble shooting and can’t get it to work. I have even redownloaded the remote app. Weird, because my iPhone and iPad mini connect fine as remotes.

Any ideas?
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Are you on the same network as your other iPad and iPhone? Sometimes people have guest networks.

If you are, what does Roon show when you try to connect? Is it Looking for a Roon Core?

Cheers, Greg

I asked this in his other post that I moved to support…maybe we can get rid of one or the other

Same network. Says “waiting for remote core…”

Can you get an app like FING or net analyzer https://techet.net/ and see if it can show your core listed as on the same network.

Also check you haven’t turned off accept remote connections, not sure if this allows previous but stops new or stops all. I think this only appears on the desktop remote not mobiles

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Why_can’t_Roon_Remote_Connect%3F

Do you see “Select a Different Core” button? If so, what happens if you click it?

I hit the select a different core button and like magic it worked!!! Thanks much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.