Ipad with 64gb for roon app

I am planning to buy ipad air for roon app with 64gb as it is on very good price. Do you see any issues being less storage space?

I read that only ipad pro works better for mutlizone as it supports portrait mode. Does it still apply? Is it recommended pro? I plan to buy this.

That’s more than you need to run as a remote. Just confirming that you know that you need a Mac or PC as a server as well as this device?

2 Likes

I already bought i7 based on NUC and installed Rock. So, I am assuming if I install Roon app on this, it should be able to access NUC server.

2 Likes

Yes. The basic iPad is fine so an air will be fine+. :smiley:

1 Like

The app does cache images iirc …

Mine looks like this it has 256gb and roon is using about 9-10Gb

1 Like

I use an older iPad with 32GB storage for a Roon library of over 100,000 tracks with no issues.
As mentioned above Roon caches album art so storage will eventually fill up but one can go into Roon Settings>Setup and clear the image cache as needed - which I need to do less than once a month

1 Like

Thanks. Good to know. My plan is to use only as remote for Roon, Kaliedescape and other devices. There is $200 difference in 64 vs 256. I don’t feel worth it.

Only question I have is to validate portrait mode no issues as some one mentioned Roon only works in landscape mode for air where it works in portrait for pro.

That’s what I have and it works perfectly fine, besides the scrolling quirks that come with most Apple devices.

Don’t believe everything you read!
What does one have to do with the other?
Sounds like utter nonsense to me!
What’s the source, btw?

Again, your sources aren’t trustworthy.
Roon works just fine in both portrait and landscape modes.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming. I can’t find exact but read in this forum itself issues in portrait mode. Here is one example. It is possible that it was problem sometime back but not now.

iPad Gen 8 with 32gb.

1 Like

That was four years ago. Not relevant today unless you still are running Roon 1.7.

AJ

1 Like

I have an iPad 10th generation (not Air) with 64 GB. It works flawlessly.

1 Like

Thanks. I ordered 64gb one. As I plan to use only as remote for my devices, I am assuming good. Only thing is Kaliedescape also needs storage for movie art. But movies can’t exceed 400 at most for the near future. 400 pictures not a big deal.

Just to prove how low you can go, I run Roon Remote on an iPad Air 2 with just 16Gb. Works fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.