iPhone 12 and 3 different iPads - Roon app crash immediately upon opening

Having same problem. iPhone 12 and 3 different iPads have Roon remote app crash immediately upon opening !!!??? Just started in last few days (?)

Seems to me that the remote being unable to connect and the remote immediately crashing are probably not the same thing. There were recently some reports about crashes with Apple devices, it seems that the solution was to ensure that Core and all remotes are at the latest versions. Seems that in some cases the Core was stuck at an older version and needed some kicking to update.

What are you running as the Core?

Hi @Gary_Klopfer, The team Roon need a bit more detail to help you get this resolved. Would you mind filling out the support template below? You can copy and paste it in your reply, thanks!

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your networking gear (model of routers/switches/etc), connection types (Wifi/Ethernet), and any firewalls, antivirus, or VPN software.

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”.

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Hey @Gary_Klopfer,

Ben here following up on your thread, are you still running into connectivity issues? I was able to take a look at your account, and see a few remote devices that have been online recently.

Let me know your status, and I’ll be on the lookout for your reply. :pray:

All sorted - probably my mistake

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.