iPhone 12 Mini screen resolution issues

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC/Rock/Version 1.7 (build 667)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ubiquity UniFi switches & WAP

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NAD C658/WiFi

Description Of Issue

Run Roon 1.6 build 610 on my new iPhone 12 Mini. There a number of issues with screen resolution - an example is the ‘Switch Zones’ screen which fills up the entire display with no apparent way to go ‘back’. On way out is to switch out of the Roon app, kill it, and restart.

Thanks for the report, @hoporama, and sorry for the troubles here. Can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing? I’ll get this over to the team ASAP.

Screen resolution on this device is 2340x1080.

I have the same problem with my iPhone 12 pro. For me, I am able to get it working if I change the settings in my iPhone from the “zoomed” to “standard” option under Settings/Display & Brightness/Display Zoom. (To clarify, I am referring to the iPhone settings rather than a Roon setting). However, it would be great if Roon Support could fix this. I much prefer the “zoomed” setting over the standard setting, and the fix requires that you change to Standard for the entire OS. The “zoomed” setting works fine on my iPhone 7 Plus, but it does not work under the iPhone 12 Pro.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Hi @hoporama,

Under Settings > Display & Brightness on iOS is Zoomed enabled? Is there any change if you disable it?

Yes, Zoom is on. If I turn it off, there is a thin sliver of the main screen visible which allows me to ‘go back’. I’d much rather have Zoom on though.

Thanks for confirming, @hoporama. I can confirm that we have a ticket in with our team on this. I can’t provide any specific timelines here, but it’s definitely something we are looking to address.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.