iPhone 12 Pro Max can’t connect to Roon Core on HP Windows 10 PC

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 PC (HP) Roon build #667 64 bit Version 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Verizon Fios (Ethernet connection to PC), WiFi for iPhone and Node 2. Both are on the same network.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Bluesound Node 2 is working properly, music plays via the Bluesound app.
Node 2 is connected to Rotel preamp via optical digital cable.

Description Of Issue
iPhone 12 Pro Max will not connect to my ROON core.
I reinstalled Roon and Roon remote to no avail.
I rebooted the Fios modem and the PC and that did not help.

There are two possibilities:

1. Roon core is not running
  2. Roon core is not discoverable on your network

Try do disable firewall on your Windows 10 PC (running Roon core) and see if you can connect from iPhone.

I have just received my iPhone 12 pro max today, and it just works out of the box.
Check your old iPhone, it if works, there is no reason whatsoever the iPhone 12 pro max does not work.

The old phone stopped connecting as well (iPhone 11 Max). I think it has something to do with Apples latest software updates.

I am sure that something is with your home network, roon support / @noris will help you to figure out.

Sounds like a network issue. Can you see the Roon Core with any device in your home network?

I have 5 iOS devices, 3 Macs and a few Windows clients with newest updates and all works just fine.

Hi @Steve_Sofferin,

Does the Roon app have Local Network permissions in iOS settings?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.