iPhone And iPad Audio Not Available On Roon App

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Hi,

This is a continuation to the topic posted over a year ago regarding the Roon app bug where Roon does not see the internal audio device on the iPad and iPhone. Here is a link to the original topic.

It is now June 2022 and I have the exact same problem with my iPhone and iPad running the latest version of the Roon OS (Roon ROCK) and both my iPad and iPhone have the latest iOS as well as the latest version of the Roon app (version 1.8 (build 1970)). I think I was able to use the built in audio on my iPhone and iPad twice. All other times including now it is not found. This is definitely some kind of bug.
Should I submit a bug report or is this still a work in progress?

Thanks

Hi @Richard_Krumm, I’ve moved this topic over to #support as that’s the category that Roon’s @support monitor.

Hey @Richard_Krumm,

We’re sorry to hear that you’re having issues with your devices.

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using the template I added to your post above.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Please open Roon on both your iPhone and iPad then go to Settings>Audio in Roon and post a screenshot of that page here in the thread.

We’ll be watching for your reply and get back to you as quickly as we can. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.