iPhone App not working, can't load core?

Hi All,

Having an issue with my iPhone ROON App in that is continually fails to initiate, i.e. “Remote Connection, Waiting for Remote Core”

When I “choose another Core” I can see my core on my iMac but it then it keeps cycling through initiating, failing to load & then ok…but 2-3 sec after opening it goes back to the “waiting for remote core” message?

It can’t be my network as I can play open up & play TIDAL tracks from my mConnect App on the same phone?

It’s an iPhone 8 running 11.4.1. OS (15G77).

If I were to completely reinstall ROON, will that wipe all my saves TIDAL albums or will everything be saved via the back-up files?

Cheers
Matt

My iPad working fine?

A backup before and then restore after reinstall will prevent any loss.

Don’t think the install is your problem, tho.

I agree, if my iPad works ok, must an issue with the iPhone &/or iPhone app?

are you sure your iPhone is on the right wifi (i.e. not a guest network or not on wifi at all)?

If you try an app like FING can it see the ip address of the macbook? Is the iMac on wifi or LAN connection?

Hi Wizardofoz,

Definitely on the same network (as my iMac) & it’s the same network as my iPad?

Hello @Matthew_Taylor,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to help you out with this issue. Can you please confirm that you have tried rebooting your Core machine and any networking equipment? I would try that first before moving on to more intensive troubleshooting options. Can you also please let me know how your Core is connected to the network in this case? Is it on Ethernet or over WiFi? Are you using any range extenders or multiple networks? Can you please list your Router make/model and make/model of any switches, powerline adapters, ect. that you use in your environment here? Please let me know when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris,

Thanks for the offer of help.

May I ask what you mean by rebooting my core machine? If you mean switching it on/off then I’ve done this several times.

In regards to my connections, its hardwired i.e. Modem/Router > iMac. I’ve checked that both iMac & iPhone are on the same wifi network & they are. No extenders are used.

My modem/router is some cheapy that was supplied by my ISP but its built by Sagecom. I think it’s model number is F@ST 3864AC.

Cheers
Matt

Hello @Matthew_Taylor,

Thanks for confirming you have rebooted the machine. Can you please let me know if you have experienced this issue since first installing the Roon Application or if this is a recent issue (possibly appearing only after an update)? Have you also tried restarting the network router and verify the behavior afterwards?

I would check the Mac Firewall (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201642) and would recommend temporarily disabling any other firewall to see if the connection then works, if you are by any chance using the program “Little Snitch” I would disable/exclude Roon on that as well as some users reported it can cause communications issues. Please let me know your findings after temporarily disabling your firewall.

Thanks,
Noris

Edit: Just noticed that you mention that your iPad is working fine yet the iPhone does not, in addition to the above suggestions I would also try re-installing the Roon App on your iPhone.

Hi All,
I’ve rebooted my modem/router & it seems to be ok now? It’s a pain that in Australia we’re hamstrung by our ISP’s & the quality of their hardware…to use aftermarket modems, they must have VOIP & to then “unlock” you need to have the combination of “knowing what your doing”…which I don’t & then have a “friendly” tech who will actually remove the MAC address of their supplied box…which I’m told they’re not supposed to do.

Hello @Matthew_Taylor,

Glad to hear that the system seems to be working now after a reboot of the modem/router. Please let us know if you run into any similar issues and we would be happy to take another look.

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.