iPhone crashes intermittently

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK - Version 1.0 (build 227) stable
Version 1.8 (build 764) stable

Hardware: Intel NUC - BOXNUC8i3BEH1 (16Gb RAM/M2 SSD)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Mikrotik - CRS326-24 Router Switch
UNIFI - UAP-AC-PRO (2)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

iPhone 12 Pro (MGK93LL/A) IOS Version = 14.4.1 (WIFI)
iPAD (8th Generation) (MYLD2LL/A) IOS Version = 14.4.1 (WIFI)

KefLS50 Wireless (WIFI)
Auralic Altair G1 Streamer/DAC (WIFI)
Sonos Play 5 (WIFI)
Sonos 1 (WIFI)

Description Of Issue

On my iPhone, at times, the Roon App will constantly crash. I will start it again, navigate for maybe 15 secs, then it crashes again…and again…this can repeat 12 or more times. Powering off the iPhone seems to helps some, but the problem reappears. I had the same issue on my iPhone 11, I recently upgraded to the iPhone 12 Pro. I do not have the issue on my iPad nor does it occur on my Windows 10 laptop. It occurs regardless of which playback device I select.

Please assist. I am happy to pull logs etc.
Thanks.

John

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for the report here, we are tracking this behavior in the following thread, please let us know here for further troubleshooting:

I can confirm similar behaviour (iPhone 12pro). May be ok for some time (even days). When it starts a reboot of the mobile is the ONLY way to fix it. Switching languages does not. This has been happening over different versions of the mobile (XR → 12p), Roon (1.6 → 1.8) and server hardware (iMac w/ High Sierra → Synology).

To me the only common factor is the very same iPhone setup (carried along by backups from one to the next). Other devices in the house (6s and iPad 6gen) seem not to be affected at the very same time. However starting with the iPhone from scratch is no option. Roon simply needs to be more robust.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.