IPv6 issues - update?

Roon Server Machine

Windows 11 (latest updates), ROG Dark Hero MB, AMD 5900x, 64 gb RAM, 6tb SSD + 15 tb HD

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ASUS RT-AX3000, Starlink ~200 mbs down/~20 mbs up

Connected Audio Devices

ROCK on NUC10i7FNH1, 500 gb SSD for OS, 5 TB USB 3.0 drive for music library, Denafrips DAC, Meridian DAC, WiiM Pro, various streaming speakers

Number of Tracks in Library

100,000+

Description of Issue

Roon ARC will not connect over IPv6. Protocol violation in 10th hex digit even though my IPv6 address is verified and working fine for all other services.

Unfortunately I know of no VPN company that supports IPv4 port forwarding over IPv6. Do you know of one that will do this?

I have no idea, but the linked post is probably the latest info regarding the status of the address format issue because Connor posted it yesterday :slight_smile:

I found Connor’s post that refers back to Peter Gallagher’s post. There is no fix yet.

I didn’t say there is a fix. He wrote “We’re working on implementing a fix to a known nomenclature discrepancy between Starlink and RoonServer’s handling of IPv6. There’s a ticket in with the team to investigate a solution for this issue”

This seems to answer your question,

IPv6 issues - update?

Maybe try the Tailscale VPN service, Roon recommends it for some network configurations for ARC, but not sure if this still works with Starlink. The below solution is about a year old:

I’ve been using ProtonVPN with ARC over Starlink while Roon gets their IPv6 trip together.

Yes, that is what I meant. Thanks for your help in finding this.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.