Is Apple Homepod Roon Tested like Apple TV?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Server on Linux Ubuntu 64bit - the latest build of 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Mesh system WiFi and Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NAD HiFi
Apple TV
HiFiBerry DAC+
Homepod

Description Of Issue

My Roon Server sees all Audio Accesories and discover properly my NAD HiFi , Apple TV, but Apple Homepod in Bedroom is discovered as AudioAccessory 1,1. Isn’t Homepod Roon Tested and therefore is not automatically detected as Apple Device?

It should be detected as an Airplay device in other network devices section of the Audio setup page but it’s not Roon Tested. It does not support Airplay 2 as there is no code to do this right now across all platforms, it only supported from iOS devices. I think I remember seeing others report this showing up like this to.

Mine shows as below and is used without issue.

Hi @Slawek_Kumka,

The Homepod is not a Roon Tested device, but it should show up in Roon. Can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing?

Hi,
It shows up. I can stream music to it without issue. I was just wondering if it would have proper settings and icon in Roon.
I named it Homepod manually, but icon is just a seaker.
You know, I am a perfectionisc :slight_smile:
It looks like this in Audio:

but on Signal path it looks weird:

Are you aware that the default icon can be changed via the zone settings pop-up screen?

Access it by right clicking / long press on the volume icon a then select the cog icon.

Ha!
I did not realize it!
Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.