Is Internet Connectivity Required

I run two transporters… one in my office for hitting Tidal (ie on the 'net) and one for the big rig which runs on a private, point to point, network.

One question is: once Roon discovers all my music files and updates the metadata, does it need to be connected to the internet to function (ie will it support a private network)?

Also, I assume I can run any Roon server and client components on the same PC and just remote desktop in to control Roon/select music?

Thanks,
Peter

Roon does on occasion require internet access to validate licensing etc. This isn’t a daily occurrence though so you can probably get away with connecting to the Internet when Roon requires it. You can only run one Roon core per license though.

[quote=“peter_oshea, post:30, topic:5865”]
Also, I assume I can run any Roon server and client components on the same PC and just remote desktop in to control Roon/select music?
[/quote]Subject to the Roon core limitation outlined above the server and desktop apps can live on the same device. You could remote desktop in albeit you can have multiple instances of the desktop app installed across your network, possibly obviating the need to resort to remote desktop.