Is it me or does Roon degrade sound

Listen to music and enjoy it. Simple ain’t it. :wink:

5 Likes

How about ROCK AF?

And volume matched. I’ve been through the same discussion with the Naim folks and (although I didn’t measure it) am quite convinced that direct streaming on the Naim is a tiny bit higher volume than Roon (without volume leveling). One tap up on the volume button when playing though Roon and I can’t hear any difference

8 Likes

Hi @Rocco_Capobianco

Apologies, you have brought some amusement to some of us with your post. We mean no harm. :wink:

5 Likes

I think the simple answer is within the statement is says nothing about what was tested, how it was tested, and the other elements of the system configuration.

So having seen this multiple times on the forum people go into giddy mode and don’t take it seriously especially when the “high end system” is used.

Maybe the op needs to start again with more information but these threads have a habit of going pear shaped.

1 Like

Really more of a mob, don’t you think?

4 Likes

Not sure Nicola would like you having a clan with us mere English folk ? :upside_down_face:

Although rumour has it her husband just got a high end system. :face_with_peeking_eye:

Okay, I’ll apologize for my participation. Seems we are all in a “mood.” It is Friday after all…

maybe it’s the

3 Likes

Also, welcome. If you are really intent on using roon, surely users can help you sort things, given you have an open mind. :kissing_heart:

FWIW

Personally I use Roon RAAT to my various systems, but have Roon running on a Windows PC located elsewhere in the house to minimise switch mode PSU’s etc. from the Hifi rack causing localised mains pollution. Sounds fine to me while I drink red wine :slight_smile:

Best wishes

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd

11 Likes

Nice share @Suedkiez

I’d give you a :heart:, but I’m all out tonight

2 Likes

Doubt it.

5 Likes

10 Likes

6 Likes

I own two Linn Klimax Organik DSM systems, one with Klimax Organik 350 actives, the other with ATC SCM40A actives. I’ve also listened closely to similar systems at my Linn dealer, before those purchases. No differences between Linn app and Roon, playing from local storage or from Qobuz.

For those commenting: Roon core > Linn does not use RAAT, but rather Linn’s version of the Songcast protocol (labeled “Linn streaming” in Roon).

9 Likes

This makes everything sound wonderful and you get a double hit.

5 Likes

Actually, my wife had tears in her eyes and said “I’ve never heard anything this beautiful” and “you’re crazy but I get it”

3 Likes

Yeah, but the premise of the thread was “does Roon degrade the sound”

They don’t have RAAT it’s not Roon Ready it uses Linns songcast protocol which is just open home UPnP based so exactly the same way in as what their own app kazoo does.