Is my Roon Library metadata stored locally

Is metadata (in particular, album artwork and other artist/album metadata including artwork) for albums located in my Roon Library stored locally (I have a NUC running Roon Rock) or does it have to be constantly retrieved each time that album is selected?

The reason for this question is that I have a longstanding open problem registered with Roon Support about intermittent issues with album/artist data not being displayed when using Roon Radio. However, today I noticed that this problem also occurs (less frequently) when playing tracks from a playlist (where all tracks are located from albums registered in my local Roon library).

The only advice I have received with respect to my artwork issues is to try a different DNS server - something that I cannot do with my specific ISP. Is album/artist metadata (relating to my local Roon Library) held locally or externally?

A further inconsistency (from my perspective) is that I have absolutely no problems whatsoever with artist/album metadata in other Roon functions. I have never encountered any missing artist/album/artwork metadata when displaying the contents of my Roon Library, or directly playing an album present in my library - only when using Roon Radio, and now when using playlists. Incidentally, I never (and I mean never) encounter any drop-outs when playing music whether that be from my local library, or when using Roon Radio or Roon playlists.

Can you possibly explain why this might be the case?

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Recurrence of Roon Radio metadata issues after build 610