Is Roon ok on iPadOS 14 and iOS 14

My iPad Pro works fine with Roon and always has.
However, I sometimes have a few network problems. I just had to reboot my router and then my NUC with Rock installed, just to be able to listen to music. Via my iPad as a remote.
However, this is a network problem and not a problem with the iPad.

My experience is the same on the same device.

1 Like

When itĀ“s works it works perfectly fine, but it crashes, does not crashes on the iphone

I am in the similar situation. It doesnā€™t work on my iPad just updated to iPadOS 14. No problem with my wifeā€™s iPad still working with iPadOS 13.

In my case the issue is long gone nowe. Working well on all the devices for the last two weeks.

Since iPad update to 14.01 my roon core is no longer visible. When opening Roon it keeps coming back to the page Choose your Roon Coreā€¦

Has Roon been given permission to access your network? A new requirement on iPadOS 14

I read that there is supposed to be a permission to local network box to be checked during first startup. However i never had this so how do i set this afterwards? Iā€™m not an apple user, just have the ipad for Roonā€¦

Hi @Sander_van_der_Wel

Open iPad settings, find Roon and select Local Network.

Tried this but when i open settings, Roon is not visible. Most of the others apps are but Roon is not. So i reinstalled it but still nothing within settingsā€¦

That is strange, Roon (and other apps) should be listed in iPad Settings. They are last section in left side of settings after iPad default settings like Notifications, Sounds, Generalā€¦ Roon should be near bottom as they are ordered alphabetically.

@Sander_van_der_Wel,
Try uninstalling the Roon app, rebooting the iPhone, and then reinstall the Roon app.

Just did the following:

• uninstall roon
  • restart ipad
  • install roon
    It now asks for permission to use local network -> yes
    It works!

But Roon is still not visible in the settings / apps sectionā€¦

Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction, music playing, happy daysā€¦

2 Likes