Is Roon slowly “dying”?

He is making himself and the company look bad…Very Unprofessional.

Sad part is he just doesn’t get it.

4 Likes

Just saying …

2 Likes

Also on the list, how many execs do things like this on their weekends for their userbase:

I don’t want to be piling on to any user here. But if one really spends time going through the Forum and pay attention to things (Like @andybob mentions), there is a lot of active involvement from the twenty-odd Roon employees.

1 Like

I don’t think we should be making personal attacks on this forum.

Not being always in line with the approach and attitude of the Roon team, I have to say they are anything than reluctant or not engaged in community communication.
And as the market landscape gets more and more crowded, noisy and customers getting increasingly demanding it’s not easy to keep track - and make all the right decisions.

So it’s crucial to keep listening to concerns and demands of consumers as well as business partners. And hopefully Roon can push Devialet somehow to make Roon work correctly :wink:

What we want: a live stream from Roon office, every work place, close ups, to see what staff is actually working on. With hourly meetings and question and answer meetings.
On a more serious note: I am wondering in how far running this kind of forum with all the inquiries and rants is not more of a burden than a helpful thing for Roon developers? It must be time consuming and distracting to read through all this gibberish. But maybe it is also inspiring? Don’t know.

4 Likes

I think the developers, at least the ones doing the coding are kept away from from the day to day stuff that goes on here, and that’s what I would expect. Troubleshooting and design/development are best kept removed from each other.
Anyone who has been around a while here will see that those with issues are often dealt with one side of the roon support guys and data passed to the other parts of the team for diagnostics etc.

@andybob Andy makes a very good point about the state of builds from the past B416 to B475… clearly things are moving at pace and something new will be on the horizon soon if past years are anything to go by.

1 Like

Hey Edward12 would you please be able to answer Danny’s question because at the moment it looks like you are deliberately trying to anger and annoy him. I am really interested in why you think what you think and what your basis for it is?
Instead of posting more remarks that just inflame users please can you answer the questions in the last paragraph of Danny’s post, it was very polite.

4 Likes

P.P.S. This is trolling, 101.

Edit: And the full irony is you have disproved your own complaint in the same paragraph.

Most C-Level people don’t post on message boards, at least message boards to users

2 Likes

There is nothing passive-aggressive about my jab. I actively and publicly called you out.

You made a passive statement about how we run the company and how you hope it would be improved in the future. Here it is:

I’m truly interested in what you think could be “more active” since your words imply we are not ‘active’ enough.

You felt the aggressive nature of my tone because I didn’t mince words. You called us out, I called you out. You wanted “active”, right?

You are a conundrum. What could “more ‘active’” possibly mean?!

Each to their own. I enjoy it quite a bit. His style is hands-on and engaging. The guy feels real, not a name behind a desk. I’m pretty sure that this is part of the appeal of Donald Trump too. To many, he feels “real”.

3 Likes

Have you not heard, tweets now come from the very top , have you not heard of President Trump? of course he well above C-Level…

1 Like

Can I suggest a glass or two of these,

things seem to be getting a bit heated… and aren’t we all just music lovers here?

.sjb

8 Likes

is one meant to GARGLE first before swallowing? :rofl:

1 Like

Just reading through the last 20 posts or so, recommend everyone take a step back and chill.

Read between the lines people… possibly Danny’s a bit frustrated as there are Big Things afoot and he just can’t spill the beans yet, lol. Danny’s been very active in this thread and I think that speaks for itself :slight_smile:

This forum is a double edged sword, in that it encourages feature requests but the timescale for implementation and/or lack of implementation then frustrates… to those, somewhat frustrated with the goings on here I would say I’ve learned to love Roon for what it is and not even expect anything more. It took me a while to get there, lol.

9 Likes

“Is Roon slowly “dying”?”

I wish this thread would die. I’m tired of seeing it on the main forum page. It’s a downer.

17 Likes

I feel exactly the same way. A complete nonsense thread.

6 Likes

Agreed (10 characters).

Beer Tasters do not GARGLE neither do they spit it out like wine tasters. How many beer drinkers spit out what they have drunk ?

This thread has now become pointless.

What business in their right mind is going to open out to the public any potential changes to the company structure they have in mind , even if they had any ideas for change that is.

Roon will tell us, release versions to us etc when they are good and ready and rightly so.

The rate of release of software is not related to the health of the company, software needs development, QC, Testing etc before we see it , if not there would be yet another succession of gripes as the undiscovered bugs unfold.

Not seeing the devs on this forum is not particularly strange, I spent the last few years of my working life as a Subject Matter Expert and a MS Developer combined (I am a Technical Brewer and MS Developer combined a strange mix) , it was not a comfortable ride as the IT mind and the Manufacturing mind , in my case, run in very different ways.

Turning the post into a slanging match is unhelpful. Should the mods close it ?

6 Likes

I vote that the mods close this thread. It serves no useful purpose to Roon or Roon customers.

8 Likes