Is Roon slowly “dying”?

[Moderated] [Geez, enough with moderation…]

I am just happy that I have something like Roon in the first place. Sure, there are bugs to be fixed and features I would like to have. Sure, there are UI things I don’t particularly like. Yes, I would like box sets to be handled more elegantly. But, overall, I am quite pleased with Roon as is and would be content if the feature set never changed or was improved. The good news a is that Roon will continue to evolve over time. Bugs will be fixed and new features will be added. The UI will be improved.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: How to search playlists

I don’t think Roon will actually die. But a new more ‘active’ group or owner would be nice.

Having an invisible Road-Map is frustrating to users. We end up making shots in the dark with no real purpose or hope of implementation.

I’m curious if the C-level people at other companies have ever addressed you personally, Edward12 – have they?

10 Likes

The developers are very active. It’s just not activity that users see. Look at the Build numbers in the Software Release Notes. The current release is Build 475. The release before that was Build 416. Those 59 builds are versions of Roon with new features and fixes that have been tested between April and October. An average of about 10 a month or one every three days.

7 Likes

I just chuckle at all of the speculation by users who know absolutely nothing about Roon’s operational activities and methods. @Edward12

3 Likes

I’ve only been a Roon user for a couple of months, but so far, I have zero complaints. I think it’s an amazing application at a reasonable price and it works perfectly for me. I run the core on my Dell XPS 15 laptop, and use an Oppo 203 end-point with an attached Bose sound system. I sometimes, but rarely, use an Apple iPad Mini 4 and iPhone 6S Plus as control devices. I recently paid for year one, but may upgrade to lifetime soon.

1 Like

Personal inquiries are out of place.

This topic is concerning the speculation of Roon.

Please refrain from inquiring about personal information. All users should do likewise.

Thank you
Edward

P.S.
Danny, you obviously have a ‘thing’ for me. This obsession of yours making passive aggressive jabs is really unprofessional. Most C-Level people don’t post on message boards, at least message boards to users. Seems out of place every time Mr. Musk posts a Tweet to individuals…very bad habit. Not to say you are on any level near of even close too Elon Musk.

2 Likes

I agree, speculation [either way] are always fun to read. Normal users and/or investors are not likely to be in on, or know the details of a company…hence the speculation.

With that said…my post is likely to be moved out of this thread…more speculation :smiley:

jkhasdklfhasdkjfhkjlhiwhrkljasdf dying here… hahahhaha

:joy: :joy: :joy:

6 Likes

The word childish comes to mind.

My initial post concerning a more professional outfit taking over is reiterated.

2 Likes

The word troll comes to mind.

I’ll let your posts speak to that.

But we are off topic now…

Let’s get back to the original question… if you want “more active group or owner” – I’m asking, who does that? Trying to get a feel for what that might mean… I’ve not seen it, but maybe I just don’t have the experience with that type of company.

5 Likes

Danny

The Troll-bomb is weak…my post was legitimate and correct in a speculatory thread such as this.

Also I never left topic, instead I pointed out that ‘you’ were not only off-topic but out-of-line.

I made my post. You proved my point, nuff said.

Thank you
Edward

1 Like

So answer me and show that you are anything more than a troll. It’s a simple question. Answer it or go home.

Danny

You are being a Troll…calm down and look at yourself. Get a grip.

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive…

2 Likes

Actually, based on this post, I think I have to agree with Edward12. Childish IS the word that comes to mind.

3 Likes

@Dave_Richardson

Lol! Edward12 is the troll. He has no idea what is going on behind the scenes at Roon and posts like he owns 49% of the shares in Roon. I don’t always agree with @danny, but his patience has worn thin with Edward and I am don’t blame him.

6 Likes

I’d bet anything that in the court of public opinion on this site would place that definition squarely with you, and not me. I’ve upset far fewer than you have, based on PM’s to me/moderators and flags.

I’m provoking you to justify your inflammatory statement. If you refuse to engage, then your inflammatory statement is just there to “upset”, by implying that Team Roon is not active enough with its customer base. If you can expand upon your statement, either through example or through explanation, I will have been mistaken about your “troll” status (in this instance).

So:

What would that “active” group or owner be doing beyond what we already do? Do you have examples of other companies that do this? Do you know of any C-level people at other companies that address you personally? What else does “active” mean to you other than personal interaction about specific issues and requests?

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

3 Likes

Did I say something sarcastic? I never used irony. I mean what I wrote, not the opposite that my words would imply.

I had to use :joy: only because I could not find the head exploding/crying emoji, but that could hardly be considered irony.

1 Like