Is Roon too techie for me?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 pro core i7
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Netgear Nighthawk R7000
All four stereo/Roon Ready systems connected by Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Roon Nucleus in same room as primary Win10 computer

Description Of Issue

I have lost my grouping of living room, TV Room and Computer Room and nothing is playing. Some message that says it is taking awhile when I try to play music. I decided to Ungroup and after I restarted the Roon Nucleus I could play in the Living Room but, I can no longer “see” my TV Room
Or the Computer room systems.

It should be showing Oppo and Arpege as additional Roon Ready sites.
The other day things has been running smoothly for about a week and I was actually considering a lifetime subscription, though to be honest it doesn’t make a lot of sense at my age, but nevertheless I was feeling good about Roon. Now it’s down again and as usual I can’t figure out why. I fumbled around for an hour last night trying to get things to work again and I got nowhere. I really wish Roon was less temperamental. Though in this case it looks like a Windows problem.

1 Like

Did your core PC get a Windows update ?

It can upset the video drivers

Maybe restart from scratch and see if that helps

It may help to get the manufacturer driver from their web site and overwrite the Windows one , do you know how to do that ?

I am a bit confused, what are you using the Nucleus for if you have a Windows 10 core pc ?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.