Is Roon working on a 2.0 version?

It’s OK asking Father Christmas for a pony. Just don’t be too disappointed when he gives you a pooping flamingo.

8 Likes

How will you translate this in the roon terms (who’s the flamingo, who’s the toilet and who’s the poo)? :innocent:

A good analogy on so many levels. It also illustrates the difficulty pretty much all software companies have in satisfying all the differing and often conflicting user requirements because personally looking at your post I think I’d rather have the pooping flamingo than a pony.

2 Likes

I wonder is there a 2.0 on the way soon… I just noticed my NAD M33 has updated to a new Roon logo.
The little icon is gone, replaced by the letter ‘r’.
:grinning:

1.9 first.

1 Like

Hi Jay.

Which one and can you please share a photo?

Insider knowledge or speculation?

I am assuming it is a coming change - unless NAD have taken the very strange decision to create their own for the M33 and Bluesound devices.

2 Likes

Cheers Jay.

Just got home and my M10 wants to update. Let’s see :slight_smile:

That better not be the new Roon logo. Me no likey.

Bluos version is 3.16.1

@danny You guys changing the logo?

3 Likes

4 Likes

Cheers Chris.

1 Like

Every version has been incremental thus far. If the cap fits.

Fair point, but as we’re only at 1.x I wouldn’t rule out a jump to 2. If we were at 3.8, and every prior release had been incremental, then I’d definitely say that 3.9 was a safe bet.

We are at 1.8.814 logic would dictate the next major update to be 1.9 with some minor 1.8 updates in between. They may skip to 2.0 but it’s unlikely.

Yeah, you’re probably right. I think the only rationale for a jump to 2.x would be some sort of major upgrade and/or new functionality, and there’s been no hint of that.

2 Likes

1.8 was released in Feb 21 , so I would expect a 1.9 around the same time. Its a dodgy practice releasing major changes before a big “Holiday” like Xmas when the staff complement is likely to be depleted by staff on leave .

Normal versioning is a change from 1.x to 2.x when there is major functional change , Roon hasn’t been around long enough to reach 2 yet but I wouldn’t be surprised to see 1.10, 1.11 … etc , its far enough away to avoid confusion with the original 1.1 release years ago

Just saying !!

1 Like

Hi @Simon_Arnold3 (Simon).

After 1.8, Roonlabs can release1.9 or 2.0. Usually the first digit is the major version number and the second a minor version, so 1.8 is not the same as 18. After 1.8, depending on the introduced changes, Roon Labs could release 1.9, 1.10, 1.11 or 2.0, 2.1,…, etc.

It’s up to Roon Labs :slightly_smiling_face:

:thinking: