Is Roon working on a 2.0 version?

It doesn’t. Not in any meaningful sense at least. Unless, as with many commercial software packages, the software license specifies that point releases are included, but there is a charge for major releases.

@Robert_Wagner1
If you are having crashes on your device, you should open a ticket for Support. It’s possible that Roon will have a fix for your particular situation.
More importantly, if they don’t, the specifics of your crashes could help guide development. They can’t fix problems they don’t know about.

1 Like

Sadly, there are so many reports about this specific type of random crashes. I’m once in a while on a trial to see if they fixed it. The last 1,5 years there was no major improvement here - that’s why I’m hoping for 2.0

1 Like

Roon support have reported less member crashes on their iPhones updated to iOS 14.0, so at least there appears to be improvement…even if it is on behalf of Apple’s updates and not Roon finding out what the issue was. I just updated to iOS 14.0 yesterday, so I don’t know if I will have the frequent crash issues. Here is hoping!

Roon 2.0 =mobile Roon. I had a dream about it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon search sucks, please improve

So the 21st came and went. No update :thinking:

So @danny was right? Who’da thought…

2 Likes

I’m not stupid, that’s the “big” update. I’m talking about the update. The one that had a release date of 21st, shocker.

I think a mobile version has been officially said will come some day, long time ago.

1 Like

i like it the way it is and i prefer small changes to the functions from time to time.
I don’t care whether it’s called 1.7, 2.0 or v27-super-turbo.
but mobile roon access to my library at home would be really cool for a future version.

1 Like

I think they will skip 2 to 9 and go straight to Roon X :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It will sense what music you need and project it in a HUD onto your retina. For mobile it will skip any sort of speaker and play directly to the auditory nerves in your ears. As long as you have 5G.
Hi-Fi manufacturers will disappear but snakeoil manufacturers will make a fortune with all sort of potions that will improve the way you perceive sound waves.

5 Likes

This made me laugh out loud. Kudos to you.

1 Like

Already hooked

2 Likes

The next major release is 1.8

I suspect Roon is saving the V2.0 appellation for when (or rather if) mobile Roon is released.

Roon 2.0 should be a complete rewrite of the client part that will abandon its dependency on OpenGL/Mono/NET and use the native technologies available for each platform in order to be able to integrate with the capabilities available for each platform in the most efficient way. Just my two cents and wishful thinking.

6 Likes

I might agree with you if I had any idea what you are talking about. :grin:

4 Likes

Just give us a proper iOS App. Not this one-size-fits-all junk.

1 Like

^^^Right.^^^ And give us Roon in both Landscape and Portrait orientations on an iPad.

1 Like