Happy holidays, everyone!
We know that there’s a huge amount of anticipation for our 1.8 release, which we’re pleased to announce is currently in beta testing. History tells us that making a major release just before the holidays isn’t ideal, both because people want a familiar experience while entertaining friends and family, and because the increase in support requests can result in long waits because our team is on holiday too.
The initial feedback from our beta testers is that 1.8 will be worth the wait. Please be patient and we’ll get it released as soon as possible!
Today we’re releasing maintenance update of Roon, which feature some bug fixes and stability improvements to ensure that everyone has a trouble-free holiday season.
The full list of changes is below. Thanks, everyone!
The Roon team
Roon 1.7 (Build 710) Release Notes
Build 710 is now rolling out for Roon on macOS, Windows, Windows (64 Bit), Roon OS, and Linux.
There is no update for our Android and iOS apps, or for Roon Bridge at this time.
All platforms and apps should update automatically.
Improvements and Bug Fixes for Build 710:
- Stability improvements in the software update system
- Stability improvements for discovery protocol
- Fixed problems with monitoring watched folders which were set using symlink on linux
- Improved handling of TIDAL accounts that lack a valid subscription
- API fixes for Live Radio browsing