Is there a consume mode for the current playing titles in the queue?

I just downloaded the free trial, is there a consume mode for the current playing titles in the queue? If so where?

What do you mean by consume mode?

Hi @Robert_Zinn,

Can you elaborate on what you’d like to see here?

Thanks!

Consume in the play queue that removes a track in the queue that has completed playing.

Consume in the play queue that removes a track that has completed playing.

You mean a destructive queue, once the music has played it is removed from the queue, and/or, if you start playing something new instead of “adding to Queue” it removes the current queue and plays the new selection?

Roon used to be like that and users requested they change, so, they moved to the current Queue methodology. I still miss the destructive queue myself. But, that is why there is a “Clear Upcoming” and then a “Clear All” command, so you can clear the queue if you want.

If you want a “consume mode” then you should make a Feature Request.

1 Like

Why not a setting to chose between the two behaviors?

Roon generally try not to give a choice on every option.

Hi @occasionallyhere,

Daniel is correct here — This is not currently an option with Roon. Since things are "working as designed" I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the #roon:feature-requests section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

Thanks for the feedback!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.