Is there a limit to number of files in the library during trial phase?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP TS-873 (8GB RAM) 9TB RAID6, 512GB SSD

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

full 1Gbit ETH network (LAN) and WiFi ac via Gbit netgear switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Samsung mobile phones and tablets running Android 11
MS Windows 10pro PC
CocktailAudio N25 High-End-Network-Streaming device

Description Of Issue

Installed roon core on QNAP NAS and apps on the audio / mobile devices and defined the first folder of audio files to be considered for the library. In total 17500 tracks in all subfolders. Just 2031 tracks from 90 artists have been read / made available in roon. Is there a limit during the trial phase? No progress during the past 36 hous…

There is no limit that I am aware of. When I did my trial I had my whole library in Roon, which had about the same number of tracks that you have. NAS units and Roon don’t always work well together at first. Sometimes a little bit of tweaking needs to be done. Have you read THIS knowledge base article yet?

The first thing I would do is to try a force rescan. Go to settings, then to storage, then click on the triple dot menu and there is the force rescan option. See if that helps. If not you can check the “skipped files” in the Library section of settings to see if the rest of your files are listed there. If they are, then at least you know Roon can see them.

I am sure other with more NAS experience will chime in, but try the suggestions in the linked article and see if that works

Hi @Werner_Teutsch — Apologies for the trouble here! No, there is no limit to what you can import during trial.

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

What file type are the files?

Presumably supported by Roon

Dear all and thanks for the first set of ideas.
Status so far:

• there are no files in the list of"skipped files"
  • the files in the folder are compliant to the specifications of roon: mp3 24bit 320kbps all created with EAC that time
    Just running the forced scan awaiting results…

Hello @Werner_Teutsch, please let us know if the rescan works! I’d also like to focus on a specific track to see if we can figure out why some of these items aren’t working. Could you take one of the issue tracks and move it to its own folder and see if you can import it?

Rescan worked. More than 17k tracks imported. Around 15.2k analysed. This discrepancy might come from playlists (.m3u) and album covers (.jpg). I added some other folders and tracks are currently being analysed by the roon core SW appearantly properly. So thank you for the support!

1 Like

Hello @Werner_Teutsch, glad things are working again! Please let us know if you have further issues, we’re happy to help!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.