Is there anyway to get Roon to choosing Qobuz before Tidal?

Is there anyway to get Roon to choosing Qobuz before Tidal?

2 Likes

When and where? In Roon Radio? In discography? In search? Or somewhere else? And of course why?

I would also like the ability to prioritize streaming services when selecting something for playback. One reason is because it can be confusing and something I need to be able to explain when a client/customer asks about it while auditioning. Another reason being that I would prefer that a true high-resolution source file be used over an MQA source file.

(Also based on my experience, I believe the default is to use a local file source over a streaming source all other things being equal.)

2 Likes

Don’t subscribe to Tidal would be an obvious answer or am I missing something here ?

1 Like

If a client customer wants MQA are you going to put him off or let her listen to what she wants?

I dont think its too much to ask for an end user to have Roon selecting the source of the music based on their preference. Its called customisation. In my system, I would prefer the following (even if supposedly a higher version is available through Tidal/Qobuz):-

1. Local file
  2. Qobuz
  3. Tidal
1 Like

Being able to prioritize services would let me provide exactly what the listener wants. Right now I cannot do that without logging in and logging out to switch back and forth. Some people want to listen to Tidal; some people want to listen to Qobuz; some people want to compare; some music is only available on one service and not the other. Prioritizing or selecting the source at playback time is a legitimate request with valid use cases.

2 Likes

I’ve asked a similar question before and later found that it has already been posted as a feature request: Prefer Qobuz over Tidal (or vice-versa) as Preference

1 Like

It boils down to wanting MQA or lossless.
So the feature could be a choice of a lossless format or MQA.
This fixes the issue presumably.

Toggle: prefer MQA
If yes, MQA
If no, everything else but MQA

Best is to use Qobuz and abandon Tidal if MQA is the issue.

1 Like