Is there something wrong again with the search function

Is there something wrong again with the search function (Tidal) it takes forever to find an artist and when it finally arrives, the albums of this artist cannot be seen, back to search but with the album title added and after many seconds finally result.

When is something finally going to be done about this sometimes painfully slow operation

It would help if you gave specifics on your network, roon equipment and your location. Search is variable it seems it’s working in a few seconds for me.

I am 100% sure that there is nothing wrong with my network, I use roon rock with an Intel Nuc I75 and with Metrum Ambre. The slowness started after that last upgrade, nothing really new, many complaints have already been reported, I just wanted to repeat it again

That may well be true but if you don’t include details it isn’t allowing the roon team to add to their knowledge or diagnosis.

I’m not experiencing search problems. <=1 second results

I did experience the rollout slowdowns of hosted Roon Radio over the past few months but it’s been really fast for the past month or three

I’m in San Diego. Where are you geographically?

Try rebooting your core and see if that helps.

Hi @fernand_lambert,

I just tried doing some searches, and things seem to be performing okay for me right now.

When did you start experiencing the slowness? Are things still slow for you? Is every search performing slowly, or only some searches?

If you reboot your Core is there any change?

I’m in Belgium

That was just my frustration, I had only just started up, maybe one by accident difficult search, although “Rodney Crowell” !!

That was just my frustration, I had only just started up, maybe one by accident difficult search, although “Rodney Crowell” !! …

I just searched for him and it was sub two seconds. Never searched for him before as I’ve never heard of him so no previous caching involved.

I had issues the other day to. All searches dead slow. So this is not just you. IMO there is still something wrong causing this. A reboot brought it back to normal, my core had only been on for 3 days as I had been away. Something. In the code is making it lock up this way, I’m checked the log at the time and it’s gave a very long delay on the backend search process which is the servers at Roons end.

Hi @fernand_lambert,

Are things still slow for you? Is every search performing slowly, or only some searches?

It’s not always, but what strikes me is that if you search for a certain artist it doesn’t work and if you search for that same artist but with the addition of the album title (if you know it) then it is found

@fernand_lambert — Can you provide some examples of searches that are slow for you? If you search them again is it any faster?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.