Is there something wrong with Roon updates

Hello, I will try to expose my problem but english isn’t my mother’s langage.

So I’ve got a Devialet 220 Pro which is connected wirely to my network and a NUC7i5BNK running Roon OS and Roon Core connected wirely too.
Devialet is running on Firmware 13.1.3 + DOS 2.2.4
Rooon OS is running on build 184 and Roon Core on 1.6 build 475
My Network was composed by a Synology Router RT2600ac

All was working well since I update Roon Core (perhaps this summer). I then experiment some bugs. Messages like “Audio Device refuses to switch input to Roon” appears while I try to play a song with RAAT
The RAAT Audio Zone disapears regularly from the audio zones list.
If I try to play a song with Roon Air, the file is loading for something like ten seconds and while it begins to play it stops after a second and reading is “choppy”

I thinked the problem could be a network problem and particularly could come from my router. So I changed it for an ASUS RT-AX88U and it solves may problem
Everithing worked like a charm and I can enjoy music for monthes until I update again Roon Core (this week end) to the latest version. It then stop working and I experiments the same problems as describe here

So is there something wrong with Roon updates ?

I have moved your post into the Support category of the forum, where it will be seen by, and replied to, by the Roon Labs support team.

thank you for that

Hi @nicolas_duchatel,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. I am looking over your post and I have a few remarks/questions:

This indeed sounds like a Networking or Core issue. If the network is not stable, then I expect the input switching commands and dropouts to occur. This seems to be the case here, but let’s narrow it down further.

Can you confirm if your router is up to date on firmware? Do you have “enable multicast routing” turned on in your ASUS router configuration? We mention this setting in our Knowledge Base as Roon relies on multicast for proper communication and if this setting is not turned on, I would suggest toggling it to see if it helps.

Yes my router is up to date and multicast setting is enable

I’m agree with you it seems to be a network issue but why is it appears twice just after updating Roon core ?

On Sunday I played music all the morning and in the beginning of the afternoon I update roon and since i experiment these problems as I don’t change any network setting. Other streaming application work well and I can stream 4K video without problem. Problem just appears with roon

Hi @nicolas_duchatel,

Do you by any chance have another PC around the house which you can use to temporarily host the Roon Core on? I would like to separate if this is a networking issue or an issue just affecting your ROCK setup.

If you do, you can switch Cores by first making a Backup of your Roon database (for safekeeping) and then going to Roon Settings -> General -> Disconnect -> Use this PC (when presented with the choose your Core option).

Hi. So I’ve tested with a MPB and Roon Core installed on it. It works better (Devialet doesn’t disappear from audio zone list, music start playing well) but music stop playing after a few minutes.
As with Rock, MBP was wired in ethernet to my router.

Hi @nicolas_duchatel,

Thanks for checking the behavior on another Core. Does the same behavior occur for multiple endpoints (or even the MBP’s “System Output”)? When the music was stopping on the Devialet, was this for local content or for streaming (TIDAL/Qobuz) content?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.